Eversource Energy IT Supervisor, Cloud and Development Operations (Hybrid) in Berlin, Connecticut
We have an amazing leadership opportunity as anIT Supervisor, Cloud and Development Operations.You will play a pivotal role in driving the organization's cloud adoption and transformation. Your responsibilities will include setting the strategy, standards, guidelines, and policies for all platform, product, and service teams. You will proactively market cloud capabilities and activities across the organization, ensuring widespread awareness and adoption.
In addition, you will be responsible for managing the cloud adoption/migration roadmap and overseeing its successful execution. You will guide and manage the activities, progress, and performance of the cloud team, ensuring alignment with business objectives and industry best practices.
Staying up-to-date on the latest cloud services and leading practices will be essential in your role, as you will lead the adoption of innovative solutions that are aligned with business requirements. You will monitor and report progress using key performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
As a leader in cloud governance, you will lead/facilitate the Cloud Governance committee, ensuring that issues and decisions are escalated and addressed promptly. Your understanding of client platforms, products, IT services, and related business needs will enable you to provide strategic guidance and support.
The role can be based in Berlin, CT, Westwood, MA, or Manchester, NH
- Forecasts future technology requirements based on analyses of technology trends and business requirements, and developing a technical vision that supports Eversource’s business strategy
- Develops plans, budgets and schedules for technology deployment projects
- Manages technology deployment projects to ensure that the delivery is on-time, within budget and meets client business change requirements
- Manages on-going technology operations and processes to ensure high quality, cost effective services
- Manages operations and technical support personnel, and develop an effective, motivated organization
- Manages relationships with vendors to ensure that the services provided are high quality and cost effective
- Provides business and technical consultation to management, users and staff
- Develops and monitors operating budgets
- Effective leadership of direct reports including day-to-day coaching and performance management/assessment
This leadership role will also oversee direction and adoption of modern software delivery philosophies into CICD pipelines such as:
- Infrastructure as Code
- Security as Code
- SDLC lifecycle management and promotion
- Integration of code quality tooling such as SonarQube
- Container orchestration methodologies
- General automation via scripts – cloud shell, REST APIs, and developer tools
- Documentation of architecture strategy, policy, and governance
- Individual should be able to translate real developer and business needs into timely delivery in an Agile landscape. Be familiar with core philosophies related to managing an Agile backlog and integrating into SAFe development.
- Working Knowledge of IT business practices and strategies
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to solve complex technical problems
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and creative problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent hands on cloud experience
- 10+ years of experience in IT and leadership which includes 2 years of supervisory experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program.
- The annual salary range for this position is $127,000 - $141,110 plus incentive.
- Salary is commensurate with your experience.
- Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs