Eversource Energy IT Senior Solution Architect (Hybrid) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
We are looking for an innovative solution architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. The solution architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications and assessing the current software systems in place to identify areas in need of improvement. You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding solution architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with other architects and engineers in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions from a selection, implementation, and development perspective
- Directly assists in the development of a solutions architecture program including roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary. (Works with Enterprise Architecture developing the Standards)
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Building and integrating information systems to meet the company's needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Work with development teams to ensure they understand the solutions they are building.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have in the overall landscape at Eversource.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience architecting solutions within Operational Technology (OT) infrastructure environments, such as EMS, SCADA, DMS and Grid Mod.
- Ability to understand system integration between multiple large systems.
- Ability to work under indirect supervision.
- Broad understanding of information technology topics.
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills.
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities.
- Technically creative and open-minded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $135,000.00 to $150,000.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs