Eversource Energy IT Senior Cloud Architect, Enterprise in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The IT Enterprise Architect is responsible for leading the development of business aligned strategies that transform the capabilities of the enterprise and guiding the evolution of the enterprise to take advantage of those capabilities. They provide direction and governance processes over the development, evolution, and delivery of enterprise outcomes that span all areas of IT.
This position will focus on our cloud computing enterprise strategy working across application and technology silos to provide ‘big picture’ leadership and direction to the supporting application and technology teams that results in one cohesive ecosystem working together to achieve the business outcomes in a safe and secure cloud centric platform. The role will specialize in cloud architecture, development patterns and best practices that cross silos while empowering individual development teams to maximize their cloud capabilities in development and delivery.
Other tasks include identifying assessment and testing approaches for the business solution in the cloud to ensure resiliency characteristics are understood, and risk can be mitigated. This effort includes leading analysis and design of the technical solution for comprehensive resiliency, disaster recovery, performance of the ecosystem. Operational responsibilities include leading multiple support teams, vendor partners and business partners during critical incidents, scheduled changes or testing initiatives for the entire ecosystem.
- Leading cultural change for cloud adoption, working closely with the Cloud and DevOps team and It Security to ensure cloud strategies are in line with security and business best practices; developing and coordinating cloud architecture; assessing and selecting cloud providers and vetting third-party services
- Work closely with IT security to monitor privacy and develop incident-response procedures
- Provides cross-domain technical consultation services throughout the life of delivered projects. Assists with complex troubleshooting and coordinates domain experts to solve problems that involve cross-domain issues.
- Responsible for Enterprise Architecture (EA) deliverables including reference architectures, application guidelines and metrics.
- Subject matter expert for the EA tool set and enterprise governance processes
- Work across all IT silos and application owners to develop common processes that meet IT strategies and business objectives
- Work with internal and external customers to define new features and deliver new technical solutions with both client side and server-side functionality.
- Communicates technical solutions to executive level roles in terms of business outcomes and meeting IT objectives
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years business and technical experience, with at least 2 in senior level roles related to broad or multiple areas of technology or infrastructure architecture.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and deploying solutions on Microsoft Azure platform
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have extensive knowledge of infrastructure and technology (cloud and on premise), business application technical design and implementation, and Enterprise Architecture goals and objectives.
- Requires extensive knowledge of systems development methodologies and systems integration methodologies.
- Proven experience in leading and driving enterprise strategy
- Proven experience in architecting solutions and resiliency hosting platforms for business solutions.
- Understanding implementations of advanced security, authentication, and single sign on across cloud and on premise
- Experience in Azure platform Services, understanding of their capabilities and limitations and being able to architect and deliver solutions leveraging various platform services
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design.
- Knowledge of microservice service design philosophies, refactoring, and unit testing.
- Passionate about Agile principles with experience working in an evolving Agile / DevSecOps operating model
- Experience with docker and containerization technologies.
Preferred skills in the following areas:
Knowledge of Kubernetes is a plus
- Cloud certifications is a plus
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and ITIL processes such as Release, Change, Capacity, and Availability is a plus
- Knowledge of Electric and Gas utility industry a plus.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs