Eversource Energy IT Senior Analyst, Business Solutions in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource is seeking an experienced Senior IT Business Solutions Analyst to help drive engagement and adoption of technology innovation across the organization.
Enterprise Monitoring provides visibility into the performance of applications and ecosystems to ensures system reliability and availability. Automation replaces repetitive, manual work with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and other innovative automation technologies to drive productivity.
Portfolio Optimization governs and optimizes inventories of software applications to manage risk and promote system resiliency.
The Senior BSA is responsible for defining the business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes; consulting in IT strategy and planning, workflow and process design, and product development.
The IT Senior Business Solutions Analyst will report to the Manager of Enterprise Application Services. You will work closely with the IT Product Lines, Infrastructure, and Security, as well as our business partners.
- Collaborates with partners to identify monitoring and automation opportunities, builds conceptual models, and presents program metrics to C-level sponsors
- Drives development of pipeline opportunities by collaborating with partners and clients, leading discovery workshops, understanding current processes and future needs, and recommending solutions that deliver business value
- Supports the Agile Product Owners in developing and prioritizing the teams’ pipelines, requirements, and stories
- Coordinates requirements and design across areas for more robust solutions
- Ensures high utilization of new products and solutions with effective roll-out plans, aligning business-IT leads, developing support materials, and tracking success metrics
- Drives engagement at both the leadership and team levels, uncovers areas for improvement
- Encourage engagement and adoption of tools and solutions by highlighting success stories and championing best practices; recommend marketing strategies
- Communicates, communicates, communicates
- Change agent and collaborator with a keen interest in process innovation and working across functions to reengineer our IT and business client operations
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with the ability to prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Agile mindset, value-focused – do what works, try new things, fail and try again, stop doing things that don’t work
- Quick learner and a lifelong learner who enjoys sharing and enabling other through coaching and mentorship
- Intellectually curious – thoughtful and inquisitive, open-minded and creative, people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Demonstrates thought leadership and strategic thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required, preferably in Information Technology-related area, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in Information Technology
- Expert in Business Analysis discipline, with at least five (5) years experience
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification preferred
- Mastery of Software Requirements Engineering, Design and Implementation & Maintenance
- Experience with Agile methodology
- History of successful delivery of business transformation or IT programs
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk or AppDynamics preferred
- Experience with Automation tools like UiPath preferred
Knowledge and previous experience desired but not required in:
Scripting languages, primarily Python
- Power BI
- Querying / analyzing SQL server and oracle databases
- Cloud services, MS Azure AZ-900 certification
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs