Eversource Energy IT Security Analyst - Vulnerability Mgmt in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
In this role, the candidate will oversee the execution of the company’s vulnerability management program, in adherence with company policies, standards, and procedures for both hardware and software. Working with the Eversource Security team, the candidate will exercise and optimize existing vulnerability management operational processes in order to ensure timely and effective remediation of detected vulnerabilities and will provide input around creating and updating policies where needed. Other aspects of the position include:
• Identifying vulnerabilities across infrastructure, platforms, and applications
• Through effective reporting, driving prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities in-line with standards/frameworks
• Establishing and maintaining cross-organizational partnerships and processes to reduce overall vulnerability risk
• Support DevSecOps function by assisting with remediation reporting and activities
• Understand how to translate technical gaps to business risk
• Implementing key performance indicators/metrics that demonstrate program value and risk reduction
• Continually improve identification and remediation processes through automation of discovery and remediation
- Oversees policy, standards, and controls as aligned to operational processes for compliance monitoring and testing for effective measures.
- Conducts process design, analysis, implementation and testing activities is support of automation and streamlining control practices.
- Analyzes communication and recommendstroubleshooting/training(i.e., where appropriate for business process continuity).
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new products and processes.
- Performs administrative tasks as required.
- Performs first level troubleshooting, analysis and monitoring of automated work processes for compliance to key security controls and practices.
- General understanding and application of information security principle, theories, and concepts in the field
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
General knowledge in information security practices, concepts and technology including:
Related policies, standards, and guidelines
- Information and process modeling tools and techniques
General hardware and software research and evaluation
Security Awareness- General knowledge in applying risk assessment models and general IT control reliance to internal and external resources including security awareness and information classification as appropriate
- Understanding of applicable state and federal legislation and regulations as relates to compliance indicators
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in same or similar role.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs