Eversource Energy IT Domain Architect in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)IT Domain Architecture
Domain area is Customer Information System preferably with SAP experience or equivalent experience migrating from Legacy CIS to SAP or Oracle. Domain area is Customer Service and Credit and Collection systems portfolio and will require strong knowledge of key technologies including SAP (S4/HANA preferred) Oracle e-Business and Cobol, C#, CGI CACS Credit & Collection platforms.
IT Domain Architecture
Domain area is Customer Information System preferably with SAP experience or equivalent experience migrating from Legacy CIS to SAP or Oracle. Domain area is Customer Service and Credit and Collection systems portfolio and will require strong knowledge of key technologies including SAP (S4/HANA preferred) Oracle e-Business and Cobol, C#, CGI CACS Credit & Collection platforms. This resource’s main focus would be to provide the day to day primary domain support as well as cross domain support to Eversoruce.Com , Meter Data Management, Marketing and Energy Efficiency domains, provide governance over supplier resources and serve as a primary liaison with business, work on project initiatives as a SME and also support our Columbia Gas Mass CIS implementation and related integrations .
The successful candidate will show the ability to own standards of the end-to-end platforms within their designated portfolio. This includes configuration of supporting technologies such as Web methods, Database, Network, Security, Hardware and Software. He/She will develop and refine the digital domain roadmap, standards and practices. Reviews major and minor domain changes to ensure the integrity, resiliency, standard adherence, and security of the platforms. Collaborates and guides solution teams to ensure best practices are followed and the prudent use of modern technologies
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology in their domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understands how the domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
- Develops guidance for incorporating the technology within their domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics. Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyzes the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentors and collaborates with technical subject matter experts and EA to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
Facilitates the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as the expert in their domain(s) and works with peers to align architects.
- Incorporates domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develops standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
- Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas
- Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage their domain technologies
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Deep knowledge of one technical domain, or experience working with multiple technical domains. Demonstrate an understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into comprehensive solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of the technology domain architecture, including current technology and vendors, emerging capabilities, best practices and patterns, cost models, and management and operating model considerations
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage smaller efforts
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Advanced degreepreferred.
- 3 to 5 years in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role
- Minimum of 4 years related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support and management of the technologies appropriate for the specificpositions.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing and typing. Work involves using a computer and telephone as well as personal communication.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes researching, analyzing, writing and public speaking. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs