Eversource Energy IT Domain Architect, Field Mobility in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource is seeking a Domain Architect to support the mobile technologies used by our electric and gas operations workforce. These technologies include ClickSchedule and ClickMobile for mobile work management, EpochField for mobile GIS mapping, SharePoint for mobile documents and iPads and Windows for mobile devices. These solutions support the operations teams that perform all work in the field including construction, maintenance, inspections, emergency response and metering.
IT Domain Architect, Field Mobility
Eversource is seeking a Domain Architect to support the mobile technologies used by our electric and gas operations workforce. These technologies include ClickSchedule and ClickMobile for mobile work management, EpochField for mobile GIS mapping, SharePoint for mobile documents and iPads and Windows for mobile devices. These solutions support the operations teams that perform all work in the field including construction, maintenance, inspections, emergency response and metering.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding both the technology and the business functionality to ensure that the technologies are properly implemented, fully utilized, and effectively optimized to meet the needs of the business. You will work with our system integrators and managed maintenance vendors to deliver these capabilities to new business areas and successfully transition them to steady state support. You will also continue to evaluate the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understand how the field mobility domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to technologies or practices.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and Enterprise Architecture to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Participate in Eversource Enterprise Architecture (EA) processes as the expert in field mobility and works with peers to align architectures.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architecture and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Deep knowledge of one technical domain, or experience working with multiple technical domains. Demonstrate an understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into comprehensive solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Experience in mobile products such as ClickSchedule, PragmaCad, ServiceSuite, or EpochField is a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Bachelor’s degree required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role
- A minimum of 4 years’ related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of technologies
Vaccination Information: Eversourcerequires an individual who is newly hired into this position to befullyvaccinated for COVID-19by their first day ofemployment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns withEversource’sHR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment.Eversourcedoes not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable lawsregardingreasonable accommodationand concerning the privacy of your confidential medical information.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs