Eversource Energy IT Business Solutions Analyst-Level 3 or 4 in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
IT Business Solutions Analyst – Real Time Systems
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years related experience is required.
Candidate must be customer-centric with a demonstrated knowledge of IT development and support processes; initiative; analytical reasoning; and exceptional listening/oral/written communications skills. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization. Candidate must have strong software development lifecycle (e.g. agile, iterative, waterfall) experience with a focus on requirements gathering and testing. A working knowledge of requirements and testquality management toolssuch as HP Quality Center is required.
Very desirable candidates will bring a consultancy model approach and applied knowledge related to the Business Solutions Analyst role on cross-functional teams implementing Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) solutions. Candidate will have the opportunity to recommend new application systems, features or improvements to IT/business partners.
Experience with all or several Real Time Systems applications for Outage Management (e.g. Oracle NMS/OUA, SunNet TOA) and Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition/Distribution Management/Energy Management (e.g. GE Grid Solutions, Schneider Gas ClearSCADA, OSISoft PI) is required.
We seek a talented IT Business Solutions Analyst with Real Time Systems experience to support multiple in-progress enterprise projects. Candidate must be able to travel on short notice within Eversource service territory (CT, MA and NH).
Typical assignments include but not limited to the following:
- Facilitates meetings, workshops and communications between IT and business partners.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions and/or workflow analysis in support of requirements identification to achieve new consolidated business processes and associated IT solutions.
- Works with cross-functional teams to investigate, capture, analyze and document detailed business and user requirements that effectively translate business opportunities/problems into innovative and practical solutions.
- Translates business opportunities/problems into a compelling business case narrative that includes executive summary, project scope, objectives, benefits, cost estimate and risks in support of the project initiation through approval process.
- Develops functional and non-functional requirements documents.
- Collaborates with UX designers responsible to ensure a user experience aligns with design and requirements.
- Develops use cases and user stories.
- Develops requirements traceability matrixes.
- Assists in the preparation of testing strategy.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and/or test coordination with business partners.
- Supports system integration and UAT testing.
- Prepares as-is, to-be, context, swim lanes and business process diagrams.
- Participates in RFI and RFP processes.
- Performs and documents gap analysis.
- Works withbusiness partners and 3rd party vendors to elicit requirements needed to support configuration of “Software as a Service” solutions.
- Understands technically how self-service web sites identify business requirements and codify into well-defined specifications, stories and supporting artifacts that articulate simple, elegant solutions to customer/consumer problems.
- Identifies opportunities to improve current processes and acts as a champion for change.
- Presents new and existing system applications capabilities to users and Key Decision Makers.
- Acts as a project coordinator for certain business / IT initiatives.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs