Eversource Energy IT Business Solutions Analyst - Field Mobility in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource is seeking a Business Solutions Analyst to support the transition of our mobile technologies used by our electric and gas operations workforce including construction, maintenance, inspection, emergency response and metering work to a new platform. These technologies include tools to schedule work, to get and update work results as well as providing supporting policies and procedures.
In the role, a BSA serves as a liaison between a business area(s) and IT and has a detailed understanding of that business area’s goals and objectives. This position works closely with our business partners to understand their business needs and collaborates with appropriate IT partners to resolve issues and suggest business solutions. This position is responsible for collecting, clarifying, and translating business requirements into functional and technical requirements and then collaborating on conceptual solution design options with IT technical staff, including Domain, Solution, and Enterprise IT Architects, and/or business clients to complete these activities.
The BSA is also responsible for anticipating and defining business requirements for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes. This position consults in IT strategy and planning, workflow and process design, and product solution development. The ITBSA is a leader and plays a key role throughout the full application lifecycle for small and large development projects.
- Leads and facilitates meetings and communications between IT and an assigned business area, and informs team members on ongoing discussions with the business;
- Leads or oversees workflow analysis in support of requirements identification;
- Evaluates business processes, anticipates requirements, uncovers areas for improvement, and facilitates solution development and implementation;
- Captures, analyzes and documents business and user requirements and user stories in support of a variety of project methodologies;
- Participates in the development of IT roadmaps for an assigned business area;
- Identifies opportunities to improve current business and IT processes and acts as a champion for change within their assigned business area of responsibility.
- Ensures solutions meet business needs and requirements;
- Monitors industry activities and pursues independent learning opportunities for their assigned business area and identifies potential solutions and new findings (including best practices) in collaboration with other IT team members
- Conducts reviews of business processes and develops functional optimization strategies where applicable;
- May participate in the development of user documentation and manuals, training materials and/or job aids, when necessary;
- May facilitate the Application Development and Support activities for small and large development requests; coordinating activities between internal and external development groups and the business.
- Accountable for Capital Project Business cases and estimates and leads the presentation of said cases to the PMO and Finance.
- Works with the business to assess proposed enhancement request for value and completeness; May actively lead and contribute value to Business Priority Council (BPC) meetings for their assigned business area;
- Experience participating in procurement events (RFP/RFI) and supporting the development of statements of work.
- Requires business and general system knowledge and incorporates knowledge from other related disciplines to solve complex business/IT problems;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and application development methodologies; has participated in a large project.
- Knowledge of one or more business domains, and a detailed understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into solutions that meet business and IT needs;
- Conducts business process analysis and the creation of current/future state process modeling
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) – specifically demand management best practices and controls;
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls;
- Ability to work on teams and collaborate effectively with business and technical roles, including influencing stakeholders at different management levels
- Excellent analytical thinking, problem solving and business process optimization skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent persuasion skills
- Excellent independent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including O365, Teams, One Drive, Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and associated tools such as Jira, VSTS and/or other Agile applications is highly desired;
- Knowledge of financial and cost models, and budgeting;
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of potential solution decisions;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and a track record of following through on commitments;
- Ability to lead small high performing teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated application of Business Analysis skills;
- Prior experience in the utility industry is a plus.
Licenses & Certifications:
- IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- IIBA Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC)
- IQBBA Certified Foundation Level Business Analyst (CFLBA)
IREB Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE)
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PBA)
- SAFe POPM
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs