Eversource Energy IT Architect, Security in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The IT Security Architect (ITSA) will work with IT to support all business units and various technology areas to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability to Eversource systems. The ITSA will succeed by working closely with Eversource project teams, Eversource Business Groups, and the IT Security team to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are in place for new Eversource initiatives.
The ITSA will also lead and mentor the team of contractor Security Architects to manage the portfolio of Enterprise projects. This team uses the Eversource Risk Assessment process to evaluate all projects and uses Eversource standards to mitigate risk levels to an acceptable level. New security controls and standards are established as part of this process.
The ITSA will also lead the security roadmap for IT Security standards and controls by working with the other IT Architects to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other Eversource domains standards and roadmaps. Understanding and communicating emerging and current security threats and aligning with standards, frameworks and overall business and technology strategy will help direct ongoing modifications to the security roadmap.
- Develop and recommend cyber-security technology strategies, publish Eversource security standards, develop security solutions for projects and Infrastructure and methods to monitor compliance.
- Provides security recommendations and functional requirements to internal business groups.
- Coordinates and resolves complex technical security problems and challenges.
- Anticipates and prepares for emerging business, application and infrastructure needs, and translates these needs into security requirements.
- Runs and manages research and technology evaluation projects.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness.
- Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management.
- Be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy.
- Recommend effective process changes to enhance Eversource Security Posture.
- Evaluate, test and select security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Assist with annual SOX, CIP and SOC goals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of information security plus additional experience in IT to equal at least 8 years. Strong working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices.
Knowledge across many of these areas:
- Identity and Access Management, Digital Forensics, End Point Encryption, Encryption Key Management, Database Security, Enterprise Directory Services, IDS, IPS, Next Generation Firewall, Application Firewall, Enterprise Password Vaults , Cloud SaaS /PaaS/IaaS Security, Mobile Device Management, SIEM or related information security subject area.
- Experience with and knowledge of NIST, ISO27001, COBIT
- Cloud (Azure) experience preferred
- Degree in Information Security or security certification preferred. Experience in Industrial Control Systems
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs