Eversource Energy Financial Analyst, Revenue Requirements in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Revenue Requirements Analyst is responsible for the reconciliation of revenues and costs used in various regulatory-approved tracking mechanisms and the preparation of retail regulatory filings for the Eversource System.
Compiles accounting information related to revenue requirement projects and assignments
Prepares accounting information included in filings such as:
Eversource rate case filings
Eversource CTA, SBC, and TAC trackers
Eversource TC, Storm Expense, Eversource Start Program, Revenue Decoupling Mechanism, Low Income Recovery, Uncollectible Expense, Net Metering, Solar and Pension/PBOP,
Retail Transmission, Basic Service Cost Adjustment and Energy Efficiency Program Cost trackers
Eversource CAM and ILEP compliance filings
Eversource ROE results filings
Other miscellaneous compliance filing requirements
Eversource annual budget and business plan forecasts for the above mentioned trackers
Handles customer crisis/urgent problem resolution promptly as situations arise
Participates as directed in business group project teams
Maintains knowledge of industry trends and industry-related legislation pertinent to the business area
Keeps Manager informed of issues, impediments and progress
• Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
• Strong knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
Other Preferred Knowledge:
• Understanding of deferred accounting principles for all of the trackers
• Understanding of the concepts related to rate base and operating income as they pertain to the Companies’ ROE
• Accounting research techniques
• Ability to work in an operating environment that requires both the understanding and the appropriate application of generally accepted accounting (GAAP) and economic principles
• Ability to understand and interpret complex documents
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors
• Strong spoken and written communication skills
• Functional understanding of computerized business systems
• Demonstrated skill with MS Office Applications
• Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
• Emerging business acumen
• Strong team membership skills
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
• Ability and willingness to work with a sense of urgency
• Initiative and personal ownership
• Strong customer service orientation
• Possesses a high degree of personal ownership and accountability
On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or closely-related discipline required.
5 years related experience required.
Experience in the application of revenue requirements theory as well as the applicable regulations pertaining to Eversource tracking mechanisms preferred.
Utility industry experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs