Eversource Energy Engineer - Single Pole Administration in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Supports the Single Pole Administration processes through technical design reviews, construction accuracy assurance and standard adherence in the field. To improve the Engineering and Construction process, the Engineer will provide technical training on design requirements and necessary internal and industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities. Responsible for the development, scheduling, and the performance of engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and inspections. Works with Operations, Procurements and Materials Management to ensure procurement and material risks and constraints are managed proactively to minimize impact to construction requirements and schedule.
- Review and approve Third Party Attachment designs to ensure they conform to internal and industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Performs quality assurance and quality control reviews of field construction to ensure NESC compliance.
- Provides technical training and support to both Engineering and Construction Contractors.
- Provides technical support to field through site visits and other required support. Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensure compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Third Parties and SPA.
- Develops and maintains field processes or documentation to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Analyzes design and technical based complaints and provides necessary responses and resolutions to support the Regulatory/SPA Customer Complaint process.
- Coordinates and leads Eversource and Third Party communications and associated processes, as needed, including Joint Utility Meetings, Attacher inquiries and necessary field support.
- Support Regulatory Authority technical sessions and interrogatories, as well as act as technical witness, as needed.
- Work with Maximo and support issue resolutions.
- Coordinates activities such as tree trimming, easements, etc. to make ready for construction.
- Assists in emergency response plan efforts during storms and emergencies
- Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures
- Telecommunication experience is desired
- Knowledge of applicable governmental code and regulations
- Knowledge or experience with Maximo
- Thorough knowledge or experience with MS Excel and MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Three to five years related experience for Staff level
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs