Eversource Energy Engineer - Distribution Capital Projects and Programs in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Participates in the planning, development, scheduling, and the performance of engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution, pressure regulating systems, including standard projects. Applies engineering practices as directed by other team members. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required.
Role and Scope of Position:
The Senior Engineer will work closely with the Supervisor Engineering Construction to review / approve detailed construction designs for CDOT / TPA / outsourced engineering work. Conduct post construction audits to assess contractor performance. Work closely with CDOT to streamline / facilitate DOT projects; act as technical liaison with CDOT. The Senior will work closely with the Management Team and FED Supervisors to prioritize, coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the capital plan working with the Planners and Analysts. Provides technical support to the engineering organization including New Business Policies & Procedures and Construction Standards.
Individual must have effective communication skills and a strong focus on customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Responsible for review of engineering contractor design work including preparation of estimates, business policy applications, planning and design, customer contact, allocation and control of resources and construction.
- In collaboration with the engineering managers develop and track the state capital budget.
- Responsible for the contractor development of detailed engineering designs and the preparation of work orders and estimates for distribution service/construction projects.
- Responsible for providing technical support relative to project installations, system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations for both internal and external resources.
- Responsible for designs that can be safely constructed and operated, for ensuring that safe and environmentally responsible work practices are followed.
- Act as the technical point of contact with various outside entities such as the department of transportation, municipalities and other utilities; looking for ways to streamline / improve processes.
- Provides technical support for New Business Policies, Work Procedures and Construction Standards.
- Audit jobs post construction, ensuring that industry guidelines, regulatory requirements and company standards are followed and
- Able to work with / on cross-functional teams to resolve local and system wide issues.
- Responsible to assist with evaluation and development of new technology, equipment, systems, tools, standards and procedures.
- Supports regulatory commitments involving local towns, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Responds to requests for engineering / technical assistance on design criteria, technical applications, Financial Planning and ProjectManagement/Development.
- Helps develop training programs.
- Position includes storm restoration and emergency assignments
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications; is customer driven; displays initiative; accepts responsibility; holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of team leader; thinks and acts analytically; makes sound decisions to support the mission; applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
- Ability to effectively deal with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
- Effective communication skills with strengths in employee relations focusing on a teamwork environment.
- Has demonstrated through experience, very high standards of professional and technical competence, and to have a complete and thorough knowledge of technical skills.
- Has a thorough knowledge of distribution standards, policies, regulations, engineering specifications, applicable codes, I&R book, procedures and practices.
- Strong technical skills with work management / work order writing.
- A thorough knowledge of Company software and computer navigations skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Engineering Technology is required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years in utility distribution engineering.
Licenses & Certifications: Registered Professional Engineer in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire is desirable.
Requires and Valid Drivers License
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs