Eversource Energy Energy Efficiency Consultant- Active Demand Management in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
If you’re passionate about sustainability, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and furthering the energy efficiency of our region. In this role within the energy efficiency department, make a direct impact as you provide program management services to customers for electric and natural gas energy efficiency projects. You will have a direct line to customers through recruitment, processing incentives, and communicating the rules and details of contracts.
As an Energy Efficiency Consultant for the Active Demand Team, you will:
- Interact with regulators and/or other non-utility energy efficiency stakeholders
- Provide support of regulatory interrogatories in writing or in public hearings
- Analyze and quantify customer load curtailment capabilities (residential and commercial) and load aggregation potential
- Create marketing campaigns that recruit, enroll, and retain high-value customers
- Manage customer settlement and assist with M&V reporting to ensure that programs get results
- Develop an understanding of how consumers can reduce electric consumption during peak periods to balance supply and demand on the grid
- Develop a strong understanding of key demand reduction technologies such as programmable communicating thermostats (PCT), battery storage, thermal storage, advanced building software & controls, demand response, and Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
- Develop forecasts and scenario models, create an engaging marketing strategy, while applying industry best practices
- Generate market trend analyses and provide thought-leadership for implementation strategies
- Interact with both internal teams such as program implementation, engineering, evaluation, marketing and business intelligence, as well as external partners such as regulatory authority administrators, other utility companies or program sponsors, and other energy efficiency stakeholders to work towards achieving energy efficiency goals
- Prior experience designing and managing demand response programs at a utility, aggregator or other market participant
- Experience in economic modeling of demand side programs
- Strong familiarity with emerging energy technologies including solar, storage, demand response, lighting, CHPs, EV/EVSEs, and other types of DERs
- Demonstrated experience with resource planning and/or grid planning
- Understanding of utility DR and peak demand reduction programs and load profiling
- Understanding of residential and/or C&I electrical building systems such as HVAC systems and controls, lighting control systems, occupancy sensing, intelligent building systems
- Ability to conduct energy analyses and calculations
- An understanding of ISO tariffs and wholesale market operations is nice to have, but not required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business
- A degree in another area will be considered if applicant has strong field experience
- A minimum of five years in the energy industry and related energy efficiency experience
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Must be agile, a team-player and able to see the bigger picture
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs