Eversource Energy Distribution System Operator in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Plans, coordinates, directs and supervises switching and tagging; writing, checking and issuing clearances; monitoring of loads, emergency restoration and associated reporting for the electric distribution system within d i s t r i b u t i on sys t e m. Coordinates the above activities with CONVEX and other regions when system conditions cross jurisdictional lines. Serves as switching director as assigned by System Operations Center Manager.
Eversource Energy is looking for a Distribution System Operator for the Berlin, CT location!
System Operations Center - Distribution System Operator
1. Monitors, operates and maintains Network Management System including the operation of SCADA equipment.
2. Plans, writes, checks, approves, directs, issues clearances and monitors orders for switching, grounding and tagging instructions for the distribution system.
3. Receives trouble calls (tickets) from customer service center, analyzes the problem, initiates corrective action with appropriate district function including call-out of personnel in accordance with established procedures. Directs corrective action as required by timing or circumstances, and informs appropriate system personnel (customer service center, T&D staff, districts, etc.) of problems on the electric distribution system and associated restoration progress.
4. Monitors load and voltages on circuits and substation equipment during switching and peak periods to assure loading parameters are not exceeded.
5. Assists at Division EOCs and other levels of RMTs during emergency storm restoration as assigned.
6. Maintains the Company’s operations diagrams and associated databases to reflect current system status.
7. Operates and maintains database for NMS system (new customers circuit changes,etc.) through existing and replacement technologies (i.e.OMS to Mobile, DMS,etc.).
8. Monitors SCADA, substation system alarms.
9. Coordinates CONVEX switching requirements between CONVEX system operators and appropriate region and/or district personnel for assigned shift.
10. Prepares, disseminates, and maintains the system operations center records and reports in support of system operations (i.e., circuit and equipment loads, nomenclature, interruption reports, emergency contact telephone numbers for governmental agencies, large customers, other utilities, and others).
11. Coordinates with CONVEX Black Start Procedure, and emergency load shedding in accordance with current Eversource Operating Instructions.
12. May be upgraded to supervisor status as assigned on a voluntary basis.
13. May serve in the status of "Chief Dispatcher" whereas the individual will assist the Shift Supervisor in ensuring the workload of the shift and all applicable system configuration and risk are discussed and understood in area of responsibility. Staffing levels, weather conditions will also be discussed for preparation purposes, as well as, proper notification if daily workload cannot be accomplished on the assigned shift.
14. Assists in training new Distribution System Operators or others including assisting in NMS class instruction and switching and tagging procedures to company personnel.
15. Develops, writes and maintains, in conjunction with Grid Management on operating instructions for company and customer distribution facilities.
16. Operates PC-based and mainframe applications.
17. Coordinates regional dispatching activities with appropriate Eversource personnel and outside personnel (i.e., other companies, government agencies, including: police, fire department, Department of Environmental Protection, large customer's plant engineers, etc.).
18. Subject to on-call duty.
1. Accurate, safe and current switching and tagging instruction for assigned operations.
2. Efficient direction of restoration activities during assigned shift.
3. Responsible for proper adherence to company policies, operating instructions and procedures.
4. Timely and accurate reporting on assigned operations.
5. Proper coordination of dispatching operations with CONVEX, district, other companies and government agencies during assigned shifts.
6. Proper and efficient operation of the operations center during assigned shift in accordance with authorized policies and procedures.
7. Timely and accurate reporting of environmental or safety events and significant system issues.
8. Proper and efficient operation of SCADA and other applicable current and replacement technologies.
1. Write, check and approve switching and tagging instruction for assigned shift as needed.
2. Direct switching and tagging for assigned operations during assigned shift.
3. Issue clearances, non-reclosing assurances and reference switching orders during assigned shift.
4. Recommend and/or institutes changes to company operating policies, procedures and reports.
5. Initiate restoration of service during assigned shift.
6. When upgraded, supervise assign shift personnel
Training and Experience
1. High School diploma, Associate's degree in electrical technology preferred or the equivalent.
2. Six years of related electrical utility experience. Preferred previous experience as a Distribution System Operator.
3. Must successfully pass the Pittsburgh Psychological Test. (PSP)
1. Ability to function under stress of emergency situations for extended periods of time.
2. Thorough knowledge of the switching and tagging procedures.
3. Thorough knowledge of electric distribution system operation.
4. Thorough knowledge of applicable PC-based and other current and future technologies.
5. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of the organization and outsiders involved with electric distribution operations.
6. Ability to analyze electric distribution system problems and act accordingly.
7. Ability to effectively direct the work of others.
8. Ability to act as customer advocate by assuring accurate and timely information is communicated on ETRs and restoration remarks.
Please submit a resume with your application. Thanks
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs