Eversource Energy Distribution Automation Technician in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This is an entry level position. Individual works independently or as a member of a team - with non-union employees, contractors or vendors - on technical assignments associated with the installation, programming, commissioning, maintenance, or repair of hardware and data base records associated with a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA). The SCADA System includes, but is not limited to, the following equipment types: Remote Terminal Units (RTUs); data concentrators; Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs); various wired and wireless communication systems; centralized servers; computer and browser-based applications; digital multi-meters and analog transducers; peripheral hardware and sensors; and various electronic system, components and devices. Programs and troubleshoots machine language, firmware, software, and protocols used to interface to or communicate with all the equipment listed above. As required, individual will create and update configuration and drawing files used by the SCADA system pertaining to circuit breakers, reclosers, line sensors, fault locators, smart switches, feeder metering, alarm dialers, and other Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs). Individual is also responsible for compliance and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) systems and must maintain annual CIP certification. Must be available for on-call and storm assignments.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, services equipment and systems associated with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, schematic, wiring, logic, and interconnection diagrams may also include manufacture documentation.
- Provides input to reports, drawings, sketches, logs, and records of work performed; makes corrections to engineering drawings to reflect field changes
- Obtains clearance, if required, from appropriate dispatching agency in order to perform work on critical operating equipment or electronic systems.
- Operates a variety of electrical and electronic instruments to test and calibrate, such as voltmeters, ammeters, oscilloscopes, transmission test sets, frequency counters, spectrum analyzers, communications service monitors, multi-meters, etc.
- Identifies and analyzes communications problems/failures on systems including leased telephone facilities or internal communication circuits; reports and explains details of problems to the carrier or inter personnel; returns equipment to service following repair
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components, circuitry, and systems.
- Ability to use computer based technology with various types of operating systems.
- Skill and manual dexterity in making repairs, adjustments and modifications to equipment with a working familiarity of testing and measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of specialized instrumentation use and application; working familiarity with electrical and electronic testing and measurement techniques.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, in both verbal and written form.
- Knowledge of CONVEX switching and tagging procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of Eversource safety rules and practices.
- Education/Experience :
- Associate’s Degree in electrical engineering; electrical technology or equivalent and 0 to 3+ years related experience required.
- Licenses & Certifications:
Critical Infrastructure Protection certification must be maintained annually; must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
This position is being simultaneously posted internally and externally.Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration for this vacancy.Applicants must successfully pass the TECH test.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs