Eversource Energy Director Transmission Rates & Revenue Requirements in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Lead the Company’s transmission regulatory strategy to ensure full recovery and protect against loss for CL&P, NSTAR Electric and PSNH. Develop a strategic approach that ensures a fair financial balance among the interests of regulators, customers and shareholders. Lead all FERC regulatory activity affecting the transmission financial requirements of the Eversource Energy. Direct and lead a team dedicated to transmission rate recovery.
- Direct the preparation, filing and defense of transmission rate filings at FERC and provide support in retail transmission rate recovery proceedings.
- Lead responses to FERC Notices of Inquiry and Notices of Proposed Rulemaking on transmission rate, revenue requirement and financial matters.
- Effectively testify in various jurisdictions (FERC and State regulatory agencies) on transmission rate matters.
- Lead technical discussions in transmission rate settlement negotiations and informational sessions.
- Oversee the development of strategic analysis to support transmission regulatory filings and initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the financial and strategic impacts of transmission rate regulatory developments, trends and new precedents. Summarize and share developments with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Provide sound guidance and oversight on technical ratemaking concepts, transmission project team support and strategic regulatory filings.
- Provide strategic direction on the annual transmission rate protocol process. Ensure appropriate assignment, tracking, review and sign-offs take place for all data exchange, informal and formal challenge responses.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, review, and defense of transmission revenue requirement calculations and associated compliance filings.
- Monitor and influence positive changes pertaining to transmission financial and ratemaking strategy with other NETOs and NEPOOL stakeholder committees; communicate developments to the broader organization.
- Collaborate effectively with several key business areas and direct a variety of transmission rate related activities, including customer rate impacts, earnings analyses and other ad hoc analyses.
- Provide financial guidance and support to the transmission group.
- Effectively develop and monitor direct reports.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting and utility regulation.
- Experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is highly desirable
- Must have the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
- Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
- Strategic mindset; demonstrated ability to consistently see the big picture and provide effective direction
- Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo
Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related area required; Master’s preferred
Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience; prior experience testifying before regulatory agencies preferred
Licenses & Certifications: CPA or industry-specific designation(s) desirable.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs