Eversource Energy Director, Distribution Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position, in conjunction with other areas of Engineering, shares accountability for optimizing the cost and performance of distribution system assets through the management of the Distribution Engineering Area. This position is responsible for developing and implementing an operating and infrastructure investment strategy that maximizes the value of the distribution asset base, as well as managing the performance of the asset base through service level agreements with Electric Operations. Through focused data collection, analysis and reporting, this position will be able to make informed assessments regarding minimal performance requirements and actions required particularly those that may involve a change in asset strategy. He/she will work closely with other Directors to translate the broad business and customer objectives into meaningful performance measures and actionable maintenance, construction and operating practices. This position must have in-depth knowledge of distribution operations and be able to define new models and concepts for driving performance in this business.
- Directs the area by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals.
- Directs area financial resources.
- Establishes customer service level targets and system performance specifications for Electric Operations.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
- Sets the direction for the development of the system infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy and technical basis for renewal decisions that include economic life determination and associated risk profiles. Works closely with Director of System Planning on integration with planning process.
- Produces and communicates technical design, work standards and operating procedures.
- Develops, implements and communicates the Life Cycle Plan for Eversource.
- Collaborates with Director of Investment Planning to produce an integrated life cycle plan and budget for both short- and long-term horizons.
- Establishes and monitors a cost and performance model which monitors the key performance indicators of the system assets.
- Requires extensive knowledge in distribution operations support, design or planning.
- Ability to manage operating budgets, operating plans and work cross functionally.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic planning and performance improvement efforts.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years in engineering operations, including previous managerial and planning experience. Experience with Distribution Engineering strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs