Eversource Energy Director, Corporate, Regulatory, Financial Policy and Investor Relations in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Assist in the management of the Company’s distribution regulatory policy and strategy activities through strong relationships specifically within the CT regulatory and legislative apparatus and in partnership with Regulatory and Government Affairs. Serve as ESG and sustainability liaison between the company and investors, regulatory, legislative bodies, and outside industry groups. In addition, support Investor Relations functions with investor meetings, earnings calls, investor presentations, and other related activities as needed.
- Researches and develops positions on policy issues; analyzes impact on business opportunities and provides updates and strategy recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Reviews the financial and strategic impacts of regulatory and legislative developments, trends, and new precedents. Working with Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs, interprets regulatory and legislative developments for key stakeholders across the enterprise. Supports strategies to optimize positive impacts and mitigate negative impacts of such developments.
- Plays a key role in consensus building among groups and recommending escalated approaches to Senior Management when appropriate. Understands and accurately communicates the company’s accounting and financial positions.
- Interfaces directly with, and act as Company liaison with other utilities, regulators, legislators, and internal/external counsel.
- Assists in development of investor communications; contributes to earnings releases, scripts, slide presentation and back-up materials
- Supports investor-specific messaging around company strategy; monitors and recommends actions on emerging industry trends and peer company performance while maintaining a deep understanding of the internal business plan
- Partners with internal stakeholders to clearly communicate the company strategy, performance, and market perception
- Serves as member of company Environmental, Social & Governance Committee and help develop ESG strategy
- Researches and provides appropriate written updates in response to special requests from management, as requested.
- Strong financial background, both practice and theory
- Expertise in investor relations and communications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to interact with a high degree of effectiveness with internal and external parties
- Demonstrated, strong understanding of the principles and concepts of utility regulation and with the financial impact of potential new developments
- In-depth knowledge of Eversource operations, corporate policies, and procedures
- Excellent technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related discipline, or equivalent experience, required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Advanced financial designation (CPA, CFA, IRC, etc.) strongly preferred
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading, and coordinating.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities with shifting priorities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs