Eversource Energy Compliance Engineer in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Individual will have responsibility for leading and managing activities associated with the development and management of Compliance activities related to the cyber-security, physical security, and maintenance of the Bulk Electric System. These activities include, but are not limited to developing and leading assessments, audits, and reviews of existing compliance, identification of performance gaps; facilitating the determination of improvement actions and tracking them through completion. Individual will work closely with the Operations staff to ensure compliance and implement process improvements. In addition, individual will track changes to applicable standards as they are approved by regulatory authorities.
- Maintain compliance documentation and evidence within the corporate database to ensure material is accurate and available for regulatory audits
- Coordinate regulatory audit preparation activities to ensure potential non-compliance issues are identified and corrected which includes support to preparation, critique, and validation of reliability standard audit worksheets (RSAWs) and periodic updating
- Develop processes, procedural controls, and implementation mechanisms for achieving and sustaining compliance with all applicable NERC standard requirements
- Consult with and train operational personnel regarding NERC compliance standards in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement to operations and reliability
- Oversee and coordinate all on-site, off-site, and self-certification audits through the collection and dissemination of documents and interaction with company and regulatory personnel
- Participate in the NERC Standards Development Process to ensure the company’s interest are addressed when new standards are proposed or existing standards are revised
- Understands and communicates business goals and objectives
- Uses sound engineering principles and adheres to business standards, practices and program/project requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and a minimum of 5 years related experience required.
- Knowledge of safety rules, applicable codes, standards and regulations affecting analysis, design, operations and maintenance of bulk power and distribution systems
- Must be proficient with computer skills and have the ability to learn and use vendor software
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- General understanding of relationships between planning/engineering/operations and finance/accounting functions
- Basic understanding of the utility regulatory processes in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and at FERC
Ability to understand and interpret complex documents
· Ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors
· Strong written and spoken communication skills
· Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
· Ability to answer data requests for regulatory bodies.
· Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
· Strong customer focus
· Initiative and personal ownership
· Strong team membership skills
· Emerging business acumen
· Functional understanding of computerized business systems
· Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications as well as Internet-based tools and resources
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor