Eversource Energy Claims Analyst III in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)In the the Claims Analyst (First Party) role, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve first party claims leading to a final disposition of these matters within limit of authority.
- Evaluates liability and communicates company position to the party responsible for causing damage to company property, or their insurance carrier.
- Coordinates assigned litigation and assists outside counsel with respect to property damage claims.
- Resolves property damage claims within limits of experience and ability and has accountability within a designated authority.
- Represents the Company in Small Claims Court litigation involving facilities damage claims.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable statutes, case law, and regulations.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Developing problem solving skills
- Interaction skills including the ability to work effectively with others in atmospheres that are sometimes stressful and adversarial
- Good customer focus
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to interpret and relate information in a user-friendly format
- Ability to use and apply sound judgment
- Initiative and personal ownership
- Developing ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized business systems
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications especially Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum two to four years of claims handling experience; and six to eight years of claims handling experience (experience must include a working knowledge of distribution operations of the gas and electric systems) for Senior Claims Analyst.
- One years of claims handling experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Casualty Adjuster’s license; valid motor vehicle license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs