Eversource Energy Associate Staff Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Under direct supervision and guidance of a Plant Senior Accountant, the Associate will primarily be responsible for the preparation of work order close packages to record assets on the Plant Asset subledger for all Eversource companies.
- Query subledger to analyze and research invoice detail for all projects throughout the close process.
- Collaborates with project teams to review the scope of projects and assist with capital and expense determination.
- Performs responsibilities associated with the coordination of financial reports to comply with federal and state regulation including FERC Form 1, 10K/10Q, rate case support, etc.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Eversource Plant accounting function.
- Contributes to monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Performs accounting control activities including journal entries and audit requests.
Maintains the integrity of accounting information in the system and adjust as needed.
Understand our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Good analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- One (1) plus years of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs