Eversource Energy Associate Staff Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Under direct supervision and guidance, the Associate Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial data for Eversource. Provide financial support to Eversource. Responsible for assisting with month-end, and year-end matters, compliance and other financial responsibilities.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Eversource accounting function
- Handles monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepares the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performs accounting control activities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close-out reviews
- Assists with closing activities. Prepares journal entries for accounts, reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts, analyzes variances.
- Investigates and resolves outstanding items.
- Performs responsibilities associated with the coordination financial reports to comply with federal and state regulation including FERC Form 1, 3Q and 60 as well as various state commission supplemental reports and schedules;
- Assists in the interpretation of new regulations and orders relative to accounting matters as well as the assignment of new FERC accounts in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulation, Chart of Accounts and relevant accounting policy standards.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting information in the system and makes adjustments as needed.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent years of experience.
- 12 months plus of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs