Eversource Energy Associate Engineer, Underground Distribution (Hybrid) in Berlin, Connecticut
- Evaluation of Distribution Equipment and Materials to be used on the Electrical Distribution System.
- Material Specification development and Material Standard creation.
- Construction Standards to support field personnel with installing the Distribution Equipment.
- Work Method Standards to support field personnel with operating the Distribution Equipment.
- Create Design and Materiel Specification for equipment.
- Equipment Performance, Reliability and Failure Analysis tracking and field and system engineering support.
- Excellent Analytical, Technical Writing and Oral Communication skills are required.
- Works with other departments to provide technical support.
- Analyzes and investigates field needs; recommends appropriate solution
- Knowledge of the principles of electricity, mechanics, physics, and structures.
- Knowledge of national code and their interpretation
- Skill in the use of technical and engineering instruments and tools.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite and internet applications
- Ability to set work priorities.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Willingness and ability to work during storms for extent hours.
- Must be able to work in confined space when needed
- Power Distribution experience (UG and OH) is highly desirable.
- Experience in the utility industry is preferred
- Thorough knowledge or experience with MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Office and CAD programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Travel between CT, WMA, EMA and NH as needed.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $76,980.00 to $85,530.00 , plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs