Eversource Energy Associate Engineer, Protection & Controls in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
The P&C Associate Engineer is responsible for completing activities and assignmentsrelated to the compliance, standardization and support for protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system.Compliance activities include the completion of NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE compliance tasks.Standardization activities include the development, review, implementation and rollout of transmission and distribution P&C standard documentation such as design drawings, philosophies and relay setting calculation files.The support activities include analysis of protection system operations and system failures, along with appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance.This is considered an entry level position.
- Complete periodic compliance activities undertaken are in accordance with NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE requirements.
- Support the development of standards and procedures for compliance of the transmission and distribution protections systems in accordance with existing and future NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE requirements.
- Support the development of standards and procedures for operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution system.
- Analysis of disturbance events, development, and implementation of corrective actions
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Complete work activities associated with development, review, and periodic update of control center operating procedures
- Develops infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy, and technical basis for asset renewal decisions and communicates that information to Asset Management for project justification and financial rationing.
- Complete work activities associated with the System Planning group to provide design guidance and protections system performance details necessary for planning studies.
- Support work activities associated with the Interconnections group and Distributed Generation Group to provide design review and guidance for new transmission and distribution interconnection requests.
- Collaborates with other groups within Eversource Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Actively support storm and/or emergency restoration assignments.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering. Individuals with a focus in electric power systems engineering are preferred
Experience : Zero (0) to four (4) years of related Electrical Engineering experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved. Job can require traveling to substations, operating districts, and companies within and outside the state. Employee may work from home up to two days per week however this is dependent upon adherence to company policies and ability to meet performance goals.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs