Eversource Energy Associate Engineer, Operations Support in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE ENGINEER LEVEL (R-010117); HOWEVER, ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position will support the Energy Management System (EMS) and PI systems for Eversource in CT and Western MA. Knowledge of OSIsoft PI is desirable for this position. PI serves as the primary tool to collect, analyze, visualize and share large amounts of high-fidelity, time-series data from multiple sources to people and systems across all operations. In addition to PI, this position will also support the SCADA systems. This includes managing the real-time applications (SCADA/EMS) such as software and communication subsystems (Front-end processors, ICCP) and associated interface equipment used to control and monitor the transmission and distribution systems. This position will require 24x7 on-call duty to maintain a reliable EMS system. Eversource uses GE as their main vendor for EMS, DMS and Power System Applications. This position will support transmission and distribution operations. This position will maintain and update the tools used by operations such as the Energy Management System and PI. Considerable interaction will be required with other functional areas within transmission and distribution in CT, MA and NH. Interaction with other LCCs, ISO New England, and other Transmission owners in New England will also be required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred. A Master’s degree in engineering or management is also desirable.
- Individual must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in SCADA and/or PI systems is desired.
- Utility experience is helpful.
- The ability to successfully complete a background check for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Access is required.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs