Eversource Energy Associate Engineer (Distributed Energy Resources) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Individual will be responsible for engineering and support for various electric power distribution programs and initiatives related to distributed energy resources, reliability and resiliency.
- Works Safely – Understands and follows the Company safety rules. Ensures that safe work practices are followed by others and takes responsibility for the safety of self, other workers (internal and external), and customers. Considers safety in all aspects of assigned work.
- Conduct Engineering Impact Studies – Gather information from customer application of distributed energy resources seeking to interconnect to the Company’s power distribution grid and evaluate the impact and determine if capital upgrades are required. Conduct power distribution area studies utilizing network software tools
- Provide Engineering Support - Using problem solving techniques provide engineering and support for the following, but not limited to, power distribution grid modernization programs: hosting capacity, automatic “smart switch” deployments, right- of – way line projects, and substation elimination projects. Support lead distribution design engineers and various overhead and underground reliability and resiliency programs.
- Power Quality - Provides Engineering support to the company field engineers and designers to trouble shoot and recommend solution to power quality issues at customer premises and on the power distribution grid.
- Capital and Regulatory Planning - May be involved with researching and drafting responses to regulatory requests, distributed generation interconnection design, safety investigations, budgeting, and other items that support the overall the engineering operations in Connecticut.
- Emergency Restoration and Storm Support - Provides engineering support during abnormal system conditions and emergency restoration. Responds when needed in assigned storm role.
- Ability to analyze information, determine relevant facts, and make decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counter-parts in outside organizations.
- Ability to apply engineering and economic principles.
- Ability to understand and resolve engineering, business, and other technical issues.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with minimal guidance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
Experience : Zero to 3 years experience is required for an entry level position. However, familiarity with electric distribution system engineering is desired. Experience with electric power distribution system construction, operation and maintenance is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid motor vehicle operator's license is required.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor