Eversource Energy Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant, C&I Manufacturing in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
If you’re passionate about sustainability, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and a clean energy future. In this role within the energy efficiency department, make a direct impact as you work to help our manufacturing customers implement energy efficiency improvements at their facilities.
As an Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant, you will lead the development, promotion, and implementation of customer engagement in new and existing programs as well as identify existing and new technologies that support thoughtful and potentially comprehensive energy-saving solutions for these energy-intensive facilities. Through your regular interactions with external stakeholders, energy efficiency contractors, engineers, and internal teammates from marketing, regulatory compliance and sales, your focus will be on accomplishing energy-saving goals, which also helps to lower the state’s carbon emissions.
Reporting manager: Supervisor, Energy Efficiency
- Provide technical project expertise in order to direct and influence business partners, such as contracted vendors and energy efficiency contractors, as well as customers, on energy efficiency strategies and the procurement and installation of energy efficient measures and systems.
- Responsible for the review and approval of complex projects/programs, which requires an understanding of engineering analysis/calculations, implementation strategies for new technologies, or energy simulation modeling.
- Drive the integration of strategic activities between the customer, energy efficiency program administrators, advisory consultants and vendors/contractors.
- Demonstrate proactive and innovative thought leadership within the ever-evolving energy industry through the development and design of technology implementation strategies / initiatives.
- Coordinate the development of documents and plans necessary to meet compliance requirements with energy efficiency programs.
- Drive the customer engagement process, which involves facilitating technical assessment studies and conducting charrettes for long term customer planning and execution.
- Execute the budgeting, invoicing, evaluation, and tracking of expenses and energy savings of assigned offerings.
- Requires ability to interpret energy efficiency / renewable technologies and services and understand their application.
- Requires strong project management skills to address disparate tasks and high project volume through the organization of critical information.
- Requires solid working understanding of financial principals and the ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Zero(0) year plus of relevant experience in technical marketing, sales, engineering, architecture, or the project management of energy efficiency services.
- Experience with manufacturing plant operations, including infrastructure and process equipment, and HVAC systems, preferred but not required.
- Experience and/or aptitude in customer service desired.
- Experience and ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written correspondence and presentations.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The #1 energy efficiency provider in the nation, Eversource is empowering a carbon neutral future for the Northeast, with nationally recognized energy efficiency solutions and successful programs to integrate new clean energy resources like solar, offshore wind, electric vehicles and battery storage, into the electric system. As an employee within the energy efficient department, you will find like-minded individuals motivated by their passion for furthering these environmental goals. On this team of energy experts, you and your colleagues will work with business partners across New England to advance clean energy solutions and ultimately provide customers with the support necessary to help them make the places where they live, work and play more comfortable and less costly to operate and maintain.
When you become an Eversource employee, you join a single, united company dedicated to delivering reliable electricity, natural gas, and water to customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The commitment of our approximately 11,000 employees to customer satisfaction ties us all.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs