Eversource Energy Associate Domain Architect, Digital in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The Domain Architect has technical knowledge within the digital domain focus area. The digital domain area includes web/digital based business application expertise including system support and knowledge of the supporting platforms.
The Domain Architect, Associate, has an entry-level understanding of the capabilities of a customer experience web application family and/or set of technologies within the digital domain, and ensures that these capabilities are fully utilized and effectively optimized to make leveraging them efficient. He/she evaluates the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
The Digital Domain Architect, Associate, is responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve their assigned domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying digital technology to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way
- Understands how the digital domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within the digital domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines, support models and operational performance metrics.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, including improvements to the support model for those recommendations. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts, solution architects and enterprise architects to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new and improved business capabilities and operating models.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Provides technology consulting to Solutions Architects and others who are using or modifying the domain technology in solutions.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as an expert in respective domain.
Understanding of digital domain, including how it can be assembled into a comprehensivesolution to meet business and IT needs.
Entry-level understanding of digital business solutions hosted on MS Azure, includingPlatform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure As A Service (IaaS) and Azure Resource Manager(ARM) templates
Awareness of digital software product knowledge such as ebilling & payment solutions,Content Management Systems (CMS), and web analytics.
Experience with Microsoft Technologies such as NET, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB, andTFS/VSTS is a plus.
Knowledge of agile methodologies such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) a plus.
Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and ITIL standards
Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
Strong leadership skills
Excellent analytical and technical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individualdecisions
Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
Team player and collaborative
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree is a plus.
Experience:A minimum of 1 year of relevantITsoftware developmentexperience. Experience withtechnologies such as .Net. MS Azure,are a plus.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs