Eversource Energy Associate Civil Engineer (Hybrid) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE SENIOR ENGINEER (R-019938) AND ENGINEER (R-019939) LEVELS; HOWEVER ONLY ONE POSITION WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
This Associate Civil Engineer is primarily responsible for structural design and analysis of electrical substation equipment foundations and support structures. You will work on a project team to ensure that the Eversource transmission and distribution substations are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced, and environmentally sound electric service. This position involves project teamwork requiring collaboration with project management personnel and other engineers on the substation design team.
- Structure and foundation design, oil containment design, substation sanitary and water installations, site grading design, and storm water management.
- Ensure work is in accordance with Eversource standards and applicable Codes.
- Provide input in the development and approval of project scopes, specifications, engineering designs, details, material ordering, and cost estimates.
- Collaborate with Electrical Engineers to ensure all system additions, removals, and modifications are adequately designed for their safe construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Adhere to project schedules including the detailed planning of successive construction phases to effectively implement the design while considering outage time and maintaining a realistic timeline.
- Provide Civil Engineering support of construction activities including resolution of all field questions and approval of any field generated change to the issued design.
- Perform review of engineering vendor submittals and participate in meetings with vendors to discuss comments on submittals throughout the design and review process of a project.
- Review all construction drawings and design documentation before being issued to construction contractor.
- When necessary, provide input to root-cause analysis of structure or equipment failure, and the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform storm water assessments in substations and provide best management practices including proposed mitigation where applicable.
- Provide additional support to other departments where civil engineering design and analysis is required for work on the Transmission and Distribution systems.
- Requires a BS Engineering or BS Engineering Technology. A BS in Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Preferred, but not required, would be a MS Engineering or MS Engineering Technology, or ideally a Civil Engineering Master's degree with a focus on structural design and analysis.
Licenses & Certifications:
- FE and/or PE License is preferred.
Minimum of 0-3 years of related experience is required. Related experience includes, but is not limited to:
Civil and structural design & calculations for electrical substations
- Site grading design
- Storm water management
- Oil containment design
- Substation sanitary and water installations
- Root-cause analysis, development, and implementation of corrective actions
Ability to communicate effectively with others, use computers effectively, and write clearly and concisely.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience or familiarity with any of the following software is preferred: AutoCAD, MathCAD, RISA software (3D, Foundation, Base, and Connection), STAAD Pro, DS Anchor, L-Pile, PLS Tower, TNX Tower, Retain Pro, or HydroCAD.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $76,980.00 to $85,530.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be able to work in-person (Berlin, CT) and attend site visits as required.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs