Eversource Energy Associate Analyst, Load Research in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Associate Analyst, Load Research provides associate analyst level support in the study of the way customers use electricity and when they use it by collecting and analyzing load data to, ultimately, ensure customers receive the most cost-effective rates. The Associate Analyst, Load Research will assists with detailed analyses of the data and evaluates the information for use by such areas as Cost of Service, Rate Design, Sales and Revenue Forecasting, and Load Settlement. The Associate Analyst, Load Research fosters relationships across the organization and, by doing so, not only learns the multi-faceted utility business but is better able to provide essential information in this dynamic environment.
- Conducts routine data maintenance.
- Assists with analyses of consumption and demographic patterns for various customer classes and groups.
- Assures the proper identification of customer classes and/or rate groups to be sampled and monitored.
- Provides technical expertise and information for use in regulatory filings and initiatives.
- Contributes to highly detailed reports and presentations tailored to specific audiences which may include statistical summaries and graphical representations through text, tables, and charts.
- Ensures adherence to various departmental business procedures.
- Identifies and recommends potential opportunities for business enhancements.
- Monitors departmental operational activities and processes.
- Prepares and checks own and others’ work products.
- Keeps Supervisor/Manager informed and up-to-date on issues, impediments, and progress.
- Note: All employees have Eversource storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Technical Skills/Knowledge: Strong statistical analytical techniques and computer models. Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Strong customer service orientation. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications. Ability to use and successfully manipulate large relational databases. Some exposure to cost of service concepts, rate design /tarriffs and ISO settlement.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or a related discipline required.The equivalent in combined education and related experience may also be considered.
Experience: A minimum of (0) zero to five (5) years related experience is required. Experience in the utility industry ideal but not required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor