Eversource Energy Associate Accountant, Staff in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)In the role of Associate Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation of financial data for Eversource. You will provide financial support to Eversource. You will also be responsible for assisting with month-end, and year-end matters, compliance and other financial responsibilities
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Eversource accounting function
- Handles monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepares the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performs accounting control activities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close-out reviews
- Assists with closing activities. Prepares journal entries for accounts, reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts, analyzes variances.
- Investigates and resolves outstanding items.
- Performs responsibilities associated with the coordination financial reports to comply with federal and state regulation including FERC Form 1, 3Q and 60 as well as various state commission supplemental reports and schedules;
- Assists in the interpretation of new regulations and orders relative to accounting matters as well as the assignment of new FERC accounts in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulation, Chart of Accounts and relevant accounting policy standards.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting information in the system and makes adjustments as needed.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1 to 3 years of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs