Eversource Energy Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager position will be responsible for managing a business area portfolio providing leadership and coordination within the PMO. The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager will provide oversight to a team of project managers, ensuring quality deliverables, adherence to PMO processes, and the project team’s achievement of project goals. The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager will provide project management support, oversight, and leadership to facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation. The IT Portfolio Manager will be responsible for portfolio deliverables including status, financials, metrics, cross-project dependencies and risks, and portfolio scheduling. The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager will have direct communication with a business area for strategic alignment and project execution prioritization. The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager will manage projects utilizing PMO standard processes and tools.The Agile Transformation Portfolio Manager will be accountable for establishing our Agile transformation in our operating and delivery model, establishing agile practices and governance and leading the change initiatives in IT, Business and Enterprise. TheAgile Transformation Portfolio Manager will serve as a change agent and thought leader, driving adoption and adherence in order to achieve our business objectives.
- Serve as the IT point of contact and the primary interface on all initiatives in the business area project portfolio.
- Preparation, socialization, finalization of portfolio timelines and plans working with stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure integration across related projects in the portfolio through collaboration with peers, stakeholders and leadership.
- Identify and manage cross-project risks and issues through the development and execution of alternatives and mitigation strategies.
- Influence and coordinate resource reallocations to assure portfolio success.
- Develop and implement alternatives and/or solutions to mitigate problems, issues, conflicts, etc.
- Direct and coach project managers to ensure on time completion and project goals.
- Advocate and support the policies, processes and practices of the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Monitor, communicate, and positively influence project portfolio schedules, budgets, variance and metrics.
- Participate in Agile communities to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends and establishes internal Agile communities.
- Responsible for educating the organization in Agile Principles and guiding other in the principles and practices.
In the role of project manager:
Coordinate preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product / service costs and pricing, and negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Develop and oversee procedures for changing scope and customer acceptance throughout the project.
- Develop and communicate plans to deliver major IT initiatives to the IT and business communities; devise the summary and detailed project plans including tasks and interdependencies, milestones, people required including skill levels, and other resource and support requirements.
- Develop the project managerial approach, including roles of any subordinate project managers, training needs for the project team, administrative reporting structure of the project, organization of the project team, involvement of customers and other stakeholders, and the nature of the arbitration process to resolve disputes.
- Outline the responsibilities of different principals / parties including customers, customer and IT management, team members, IT support groups, vendors, consultants, and affected or impacted groups.
- Negotiate IT’s interests and manage external vendor, contractor and material contracts.
- Monitor project budget and resource levels, and advise principals as to developing trends and prepare periodic variance projections.
- Ensure that all training and transition management activities are in place for the transition to operational support both Business and IT, including coordinating process redesign, new procedures and acceptance of new technologies and/or capabilities into daily use.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness. Applies extensive organizational and/or project management expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Experience with Lean, Agile and iterative delivery frameworks and methodologies preferred. May be viewed as expert within a given field.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required or the equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of 10+ years of senior level IT Project Management experience required; minimum of (2) two years of Portfolio Management experience desired.
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess a Project Manager certification (as prescribed by the Program Management office).
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor