Eversource Energy Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Accountant position handles a variety of the more complex vendor and field contacts regarding invoice status and invoice discrepancy resolutions and performs a variety of complex, confidential, or sensitive invoice processing/resolution assignments.
- Analyzes invoice mismatches and takes the appropriate action to resolve these mismatches.
- Understands different types of invoice status in the payable system.
- Contacts internal requestors to resolve invoice mismatch, communicates the resolution to the supplier.
- Receives sensitive vendor inquiries concerning the status of individual invoices.
- Responds to vendors regarding status of such invoices.
- Correspond and meets with vendors, Treasury or Accounts Payable personnel to reconcile the most difficult or complex invoice irregularities.
- Provides assistance with all vendor invoice inquiries.
- Processes mail received in Accounts Payable, returns invoice without Purchase Order number to vendors.
- Serves as a source of information about the status of the invoices to suppliers and internal requestors. Provides assistance with other tasks in Accounts Payable as needed.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Thorough knowledge of Purchasing and Accounts Payable policies and procedures. Effective written and oral communication skills with various levels of management, as well as vendor personnel. Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure. Ability to understand and perform business mathematics and concepts. Has experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
Education: A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Business or the equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of (5) five to (8) eight years of related experience.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor