MDU Resources Group Diesel Mechanic in Bemidji, Minnesota
Company:Knife River Materials - Northern Minn. Division
Hiring Manager:Ann E Mork
Closing Date:10/31/2021at 11:59pm CDT
$17 - $28 per hour starting base pay
A Diesel Mechanic with Knife River Materials is responsible for safely keeping equipment running and maintained properly.
• Perform maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on all types of equipment
• Troubleshooting equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary
• Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
• Disassemble equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed and reassemble equipment and parts
• Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks
• Handle multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines
• Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
• Operate and maintain company vehicles to perform field service repair
• Operate repaired equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed
• Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics and some specialty tools.
A successful Diesel Mechanic with Knife River Materials will have:
• 2+ years of post high school or equivalent, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment
• Demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document
• Ability to provide and maintain appropriate driver's license, medical card and acceptable driving record.
• Diesel engine mechanical experience preferred
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: Box 40, Bemidji, MN 56619.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-60.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.