UGI Corporation ACE Leadman in Bealeton, Virginia
Bealeton, VA, US
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
This is a working lead position being very hands on and working with associates in the processing of cylinders. You will be responsible for the production output of a shift. Must ensure compliance of safety codes and policies are adhered too. Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Involved in all aspects of production to include sort, inspect, clean, label, and refill empty cylinders.
• Ensure compliance with safety codes and policies, especially with employees wearing proper PPE
• Pre-Training of new personnel in all aspects of production and monitoring flow of work in the production center.
• Maintaining a consistent quality of cylinders being processed
• Ensure that the daily goals of cylinders are ready for distribution and shipment.
• Working with employees to accomplish goals
• Other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be safety focus
• Strong people skills
• Able to lead by example
• Exceptional work ethic
• Mechanically inclined
Education and Experience Required:
• High School diploma or equivalency
• 0 to 1 years supervisory/lead experience in a manufactory industry or a related industry
• Forklift certified a plus
• Able to perform physical lifting of cylinders up to 50 pounds on regular basis
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Will be required to work outside in any type of weather conditions
All outside weather conditions
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Nearest Major Market:Fredericksburg Job Segment: Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, Warehouse, Forklift, Healthcare, Manufacturing