Southern Company HR Manager - Plant Hatch in Baxley, Georgia
HR Manager - Plant Hatch
SITE HR MANAGER - PLANT HATCH
It's an exciting time to be part of our growing organization. Southern Nuclear, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, operates Southern Company's six nuclear reactors at three locations in Georgia and Alabama: two reactors at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, GA; two reactors at Plant Hatch, near Baxley, GA; and two reactors at Plant Farley, near Dothan, AL. In addition, construction of two new reactors is underway at our Plant Vogtle location. If a new and significant challenge is what you have been longing for, and if you are energized, positive, committed, and desiring to make a difference, then we are looking for YOU to join our team!
The Site Human Resources Manager is a key member of the site’s Senior Leadership Team, and is relied upon to consult on human capital strategy and effectively achieve positive business outcomes of the organization. The Site HR Manager is responsible for program ownership and leader support in the areas of talent management, leadership development, employee relations, succession planning, staffing, performance management, employee engagement, regulatory compliance, salary administration, policy administration, and other areas. The Site HR Manager will also partner with the Site Organizational Effectiveness organization to provide leadership and teamwork evaluations, assessments and interventions. This position also serves as a critical part of the SNC HR team supporting the client in their day to day business operations from a people perspective. The Human Resources Manager’s major responsibilities include leadership of the site HR team, delivery of all HR programs & initiatives, and collaborating with all resources across all functions at the site and across the fleet. This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced environment with over 900 employees at each site.
Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business or related field highly preferred, or demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
• 7 years of experience in human resources, including key leadership pipeline planning, performance management, workforce planning & staffing, succession planning, compensation, and labor relations. Previous supervisory experience is desired. Candidates who do not possess the requisite years of experience will be considered on the basis of other experiences, KSA’s, and past education/learning.
• SPHR/PHR or other professional HR certification is desirable.
• Previous experience working in a plant environment is desired. Nuclear plant experience is a plus.
• Solid knowledge of talent management and leadership development theory and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of human resources management disciplines, practices & processes. Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and apply diversified and complex personnel and administrative policies and procedures. Demonstrated ability to direct, manage, plan and organize HR services in a cost-effective manner. Demonstrated success in key leadership competencies.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize/manage work flow in an environment where all work is critiqued.
• Ability to lead and manage people, projects, and day-to-day detailed tasks
• Understanding of HR compliance environment and ability to consult to manage risk
• Experience working with key leaders to resolve issues and engage in the business
• Proven effectiveness in building strong relationships with leaders and individual contributors at all levels
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005184