Exelon Sr Quantitative Analyst in BALTIMORE, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
· Valuation and structuring of power transactions that support the deal team on structured origination and mid marketing transactions
· Pricing of load deals to support the Commercial team efforts in the supply of default service power to various utilities
· Work with Corporate Development to develop gross margin calculations in support of relevant M&A activity
· Work with the Generation Company team in the valuation of generation assets to support capital decision making
· Work with the Trade Floor in establishing and updating long term pricing grids that support the origination business including the retail organization
· Work with the traders in the development of hedging strategy decisions that support the entire life cycle of a transaction
· Accountable for effectively communicating complex recommendations to a variety of audiences including senior management.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
-5 years experience in quantitative or financial valuation role
A strong foundation in probability theory, optimization and financial math plus familiarity with mathematical techniques used for decision making under uncertainty such as stochastic dynamic programming
Strong programming skills preferably in Python or Matlab
-The ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written.
Masters degree in a quantitative field
Prior experience in a quantitative or financial valuation role
Energy industry experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Job Wholesale Energy
Organization: Generation Constellation - Wholesale
Title: Sr Quantitative Analyst
Requisition ID: 213325