Exelon Scheduler in BALTIMORE, Maryland
The Scheduler is accountable for accurately scheduling and nominating all physical transactions completed by the Fuels Traders in a timely manner. The Scheduler will obtain an accurate forecast thereby allowing the management of transportation, logistics and plant storage to a target level. Schedulers are expected to maintain relationships with key counterparties and participate in key trade associations to gain market intelligence and facilitate commercial activity. The Scheduler is expected to have an understanding of internal stakeholders (trading, volume management, accounting, settlements, etc.) and can effectively support reconciliation efforts for intra-month and volumetric tie out during accounting close.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Accurately schedule/nominate receipt and delivery of physical commodity based on any Fuel Traders’ transactions
· Independently handles fuels scheduling functions, ensuring accurate and timely fuel nomination and delivery schedules. Participates in training other schedulers.
· Reconciles commodity invoices for demand, transportation, storage and usage components
· Monitor and report fuel inventory and quality by location
· Interact effectively with other members of Constellation to develop broader regional and portfolio management strategies and coordinate execution of transactions.
· Perform fuel related compliance reporting and adherence to regulatory limits
· Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers, service providers, and internal customers.
• 3-7 years scheduling experience in energy commodities, or an equivalent energy relate position- preferred
• Operational plant or utility experience- preferred
• Generation or Transmission dispatch experience – preferred
- Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years scheduling experience in energy commodities, (e.g. coal, oil, natural gas, electricity, LNG) or an equivalent energy related position.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Exhibit strong problem-solving and analytical ability.
Extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to think independently and creatively.
Demonstrate the ability to respond in a changing environment & manage stressful situations.
Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Wholesale Energy
Organization: Generation Constellation - Wholesale
Requisition ID: 213915