Exelon Document Development Manager in BALTIMORE, Maryland
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
/ The Manager, Document Development provides // hands-on leadership of the Document Development team in developing responsive, effective and timely documents (proposals, presentations, RFQ / I responses, etc.). The Manager collaborates cross functionally with various internal clients (BDMs, Program Managers, Engineers, Executives, etc.) and the Document Development team members and senior leadership. The Manager will drive the continuous improvement of document deliverables by assessing market needs and translating key observations and “lessons learned” into higher quality documents. /
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Interfaces with top management and internal generators of documents to determine needs, identify document requirements, create a schedule for document development, deliver high quality documents on the schedules required
· Oversees all development and the quality of all deliverables / documents including but not limited to: Expressions of Interest (EOIs); Requests for Qualification (RFQ) responses; Request for Proposal (RFP) responses; Proposals; Investment Grade Audits (IGAs); Board level presentations
· Provides accurate “on demand” status reports on documents relevant to specific customers, business units, individuals (BDMs or Executives) and/or timeframes and regular “analytic” reports on document throughput, process issues (i.e. process congestion “pain factors,” document complexity, etc.) and wins/losses
· Leads continuous improvement efforts to continually improve the quality of the Company’s documents, utilizing: a) feedback from internal clients; b) reverse engineering of competitive documents; and c) identification of key market trends regarding RFP requirements, key market developments, etc.
· Provides technical expertise and oversight to document development team to ensure the production of coherent and well-organized documents to help put the Company in the greatest position to win. Focuses on overall team career development, conducts progress meetings, creates training materials, etc.
· Provides final review and evaluation of RFPs and RFQs and Bid documentation packages.
· Develops, manages and oversees the l proposal document process and drives the implementation of standard proposal elements.
· Seven (7) or more years of experience in the preparation and delivery of successful customer-facing documents in the energy services market.
· Knowledge of company organization and policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of the various types of documents required in the various vertical markets supported by the Document Development group.
· Knowledge of business needs of each internal business group and their customers.
· Knowledge of the full spectrum of effective document types and elements.
· Demonstrated proficiency in leading a document development team, including evaluating, encouraging, supporting and inspiring team members.
· Demonstrated ability in the implementation and delivery of multiple and simultaneous document requests.
· Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing, especially editing documents to create greater clarity and persuasiveness.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with tact, discretion and purpose.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Document Development Manager
Requisition ID: 209061