Avangrid Senior Project Manager in Augusta, Maine
Senior Project Manager
Company: CENTRAL MAINE POWER CO
Augusta, ME, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Projects Unit Stations Int/Pr 3
Location: CMP-ME-Augusta General Office
Hiring Manager: DAVID PATRICK MCHUGH
Pay Grade: H
Responsible for coordinating activities between several transmission ground fault overvoltage projects located in Maine by managing Project resources, priorities, investment plans, project execution strategy and internal and external resource requirements. Specifically, this Manager - Programs/Projects will be responsible for Distributed Generation Projects that require equipment updates to allow interconnects.
The Project Manager will coordinate activities of project team members including engineers, construction managers, and external contractors. Facilitate the work of external contractors and other internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for performance. Holds project team members accountable for results. Provides technical advice to senior management when required. Responsible for the overall project control and reporting, providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost controlling and reporting processes and functions. Ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and in conformance to quality and engineering standards.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
• Program and project management skills
• Scheduling internal and external employees to complete works at CMP substations
• Leadership skills
• Document control
• Participates in project team scheduling and budgetary planning processes
• Works within the project unit, managing internal and external project resources.
• Oversees project budgets.
• Proactive approach to overseeing work measures progress and takes actions to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved. Approves project plans, executes contract strategies to undertake work and controls and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure compliance with a project management and quality management processes and procedures.
• Ensures procurements for materials needed to execute Project are completed on time for construction.
• Assures that projects are completed within the approved scope, schedule and budget
• Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major customers.
• May represent the company and testify in regulatory hearings or at Federal, State or local agency or municipal meetings.
• Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams
• Provides recommendations on policies and goals desired and implements new/revised processes and procedures according to established guidelines
• Responsible for the overall management and control of project unit budgets including O&M and Capital
• Informs management and project teams regarding cost and schedule performance variances and corrective action required.
• Responsible for ensuring the risk control system is utilized.
• Continually monitors individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines.
• Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with FERC, NERC and any other applicable regulation.
• Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings
• Promotes and monitors company and contractor safety policies and practices
• Works with Coordinator on the Risk definition, cost, and the Mitigation Action analysis.
• Attendance to Executive management meetings, providing and presenting reports and cost-schedule-risk views
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Skills and Requirements
• Ability to work independently to deliver program objectives
• Knowledge of Distribution and grid protection
• Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time and under budget
• Expert in integrating Scheduling IT tools and software: Primavera with costs and resource requirements preferred.
• Expert in risk management and mitigation plans
• Expert in utilizing MSExcel for data analysis, budgeting and planning and optimizing schedules.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts
• Results oriented
• Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure.
• Knowledge of main configuration and general arrangements of networks (substations, overhead lines and cable) infrastructures preferred
• Supervision of field personnel and construction contractors
• Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment
Education & Experience
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 years relevant experience required, Project Management Certificate Preferred.
• Experience in Electric Capital Delivery Projects
• Microsoft Suite
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org