Avangrid Engineer (all levels) - Transmission Planning in Augusta, Maine
Engineer (all levels) - Transmission Planning
Company: CENTRAL MAINE POWER CO
Augusta, ME, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Engineer ( all levels ) - Transmission Planning
Avangrid is growing! We are actively hiring electrical engineers for all experience levels for our Transmission Planning team. We are flexible with office locations (Connecticut, Maine, and New York), and remote work options may be considered for highly qualified candidates. However, preference is for Transmission Planning Engineers in Maine.
In these roles, you will be able to:
• Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability and/or economic driven studies including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit, short circuit, and stability assessments.
• Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous voltage levels. Document and communicate results and recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report writing, and summary presentations.
• Innovate and integrate improvements to increase the precision and efficiency of transmission planning.
• Develop subject matter expert skills as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs.
• Collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers on regional activities (e.g. NPCC, ISOs, etc.).
• Develop and apply a thorough understanding of various planning criteria, guidelines, standards (e.g. NERC, NPCC, etc.) and analysis software packages such as PSS/E, TARA, and ASPEN.
• Participate in transmission and substation site inspections; attend industry workshops, training, and user group meetings as needs arise.
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, energy systems, power systems or similar discipline is required.
Technical Skills & Experience Requirements:
Transmission Planning is hiring at the following engineer levels: Associate (0-5 yrs), Engineer (3-7 yrs), Senior (5-10 yrs), and Lead (7+ yrs). Candidates will be evaluated for their proficiency in following skills and job specific competencies in determining the appropriate Transmission Planning engineer level. However, offsetting industry and other relevant technical skills will be considered for candidates without previous experience in these Transmission Planning activities.
• Theoretical Engineering knowledge: Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Analytics, Modeling & Calculation (e.g. sym. Components, per unit, etc.), Understanding the Business Model
• Practical Engineering Experience/Application: Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Construction, (e.g. field experience, standardization, develop business case and defend in front of stakeholders)
• Engineering documentation: Ability to adequately document and interpret engineering documentation, review and approve engineering work done by others
• Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment: Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and Requirements (NERC, NPCC, ISO, PUC, etc.)
• Power System Studies - Knowledge & Interpretation of Study Assumptions and Results: (e.g. Power Flow, Stability, Short Circuit, etc.)
• Software Proficiency - Power System Analytics: (e.g. PSSE, TARA, ASPEN, Enfuzion)
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org