MasTec Utility Services Fiber Optic Cable Splicer in Augusta, Georgia
Decisive Communications is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At Decisive Communications you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, Decisive offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
SEFNCO is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. MOS Codes V80B, B05A, 3D157, 6423, 5699 relate well to this position.
Decisive Communications gives you the opportunity to become a part of an engaging and growing industry. As a Fiber Splicer, you will have the opportunity to utilize your skill set, work in a safety-minded environment, and join us in expanding technology for a better community.
Decisive Communications takes great pride in providing engineering, construction, and design and management solutions that meet the growing telecommunications needs throughout the United States. Join our fast growing team of professionals and help us provide the highest level of quality service to our customers and communities while maintaining our commitment to safety! Make it Safe, Make it Personal, Make it Home.
Fiber Splicers are responsible to produce end-to-end fiber optic networks.
In addition, you will:
• Testing and troubleshooting continuity of fiber optic networks
• Operate all testing equipment and be adept at resolution of challenges common to fiber optic networks
• Experience prepping fiber splice enclosures such as Tyco, Commscope, Corning etc.
• Utilize fusion splicer, test equipment OTDR (Optical Time-Domain Refelctometer) 1310, 1550, DWDM, CWDM, 945 OLTS, Max Tester, Power meter
• Fiber engineer knowledge of fiber design, reading documentation, understanding of light levels and dB loss
• Work in outdoor utility construction sites
• Safety is a value you live by
• You have at least 3-5 years of fiber splicing and troubleshooting experience
• You are comfortable working on ladder or bucket truck
• You have a knack for figuring out hard problems and enjoy a hands on approach to your work
• You have a track record of completing work with a high level of quality
• You are flexible and enjoy a variety of shifts with overtime
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
Decisive Communications, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Senfco’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Fiber Optic Cable Splicer
Requisition ID: 44234