Eversource Energy Manager, Meter Services, Gas in Auburn, Massachusetts
Provides direction for all aspects of planning, managing and coordinating all gas meter service activities. Accountability includes, but is not limited to, public and employee safety, O&M budgeting control, meter & service operations, and field collection activities. Individual is responsible for all aspects of Meter Service activities within assigned area; manages the financial activities associated with the area of responsibility, replacement of gas meters, customer requested service, and staffing, etc.; responsible for satisfying regulatory compliance within assigned area; and provides support in the negotiation and administration of labor contracts for unit employees in Gas Meter Services.
- Leadership – This position requires skills that enable motivation of management and union employees. Must possess the ability to provide clear direction, provide constructive feedback to employees. Posses the ability to train, mentor, structure and lead a successful team.
- Safety and code compliance – Must possess a full understanding of federal, state, company codes and standards, ensuring compliance. Responsible for the area’s safety program, enhancing and ensuring customer and employee safety.
- Emergency response – Each area manager must have a comprehensive operating knowledge of their area to allow them too effectively and safely conduct emergency response. Customer and employee’s safety as well as system reliability depend on the manager’s ability to appropriately react under emergency conditions.
- Financial skills – The area manager is responsible for developing and maintaining budget adherence. Responsible for ensuring the department runs efficiently within the committed budget. Managers are expected to develop creative solutions to improve productivity and efficiency, including utilizing new technology when possible.
- Customer Service – The area manager must understand the fundamentals of providing excellent customer service. Ensure that area goals are met while providing superior customer service.
- This position requires the manager provide clear direction to employees. Customers and employee safety and system reliability depend on clear communication and dynamic training. The manager must provide clear direction and effective problem resolution. Must possess vast operating knowledge to allow for excellent judgment and sound decision making ability.
Requires knowledge of design and construction of gas distribution facilities and equipment, as well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system. Requires knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of project management techniques, tools and software.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of related gas experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $134870.00 and the market rate is $149850.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- ·This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs