Southern Company Scheduler in Atlanta, Georgia
The Scheduler is responsible for providing effective and efficient scheduling and routing of emergency and non-emergency work to field resources. Provide excellent customer service with inbound customer inquiries as well as outbound follow-up calls. Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive customer experience while running an efficient operation providing best in class service. The Scheduler is responsible for setting up daily workload assignments, monitoring those assignments, and supporting the field resources and the Call Centers. Must be able to respond to inquiries quickly and accurately to best utilize resources.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Has knowledge of regulatory requirements to effectively manage workload and resources appropriately.
• Ability to effectively manage the execution of Compliance work.
• Effectively assigns the appropriate resources to meet workload demands.
• Ability to create accurate daily route sheets/resource maps.
• Has working knowledge of resource and workload management tools (i.e. SS9/Sentinel, etc.).
• Monitors and manages job preparation activities prior to scheduling work as needed.
o (i.e. Correct order created, job check completed, locates valid, proper permitting obtained, work area protection obtained, customer notifications made, special equipment obtained, multiple business unit coordination, etc.).
• Hold regular planning sessions with responsible supported area to develop collaborative work plans.
• Monitor field resource activity and make appropriate adjustments to subsequent work plans to meet company objectives.
• Effectively manage resources and workload during uncontrollable events.
• Monitor field resource efficiency and work with leadership to address any needs identified.
• Ensure all work assignments are made in a timely manner.
• Monitor and communicate appropriately on work deemed “high priority”.
• Notify RM leadership in a timely manner of any unusual events.
• Collaborate with field area supported to ensure alignment of all parties in an effort to maximize results.
• Monitor appointment work to meet customer expectations and to enhance the customer’s experience.
• Route supplemental work when appropriate to provide an opportunity to increase productivity.
• Effectively manage resources with a global perspective to provide an opportunity to complete essential work in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS/BA or Equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 12 months dispatching/scheduling experience.
• MS Word, Excel - intermediate proficiency
• MS Access, Outlook - basic proficiency
• Operator Qualified in accordance with Company Plan
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Spanish - fluent
AGLR SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Executing for Results
• Collaboration and Building Relationships
• Learning and Thinking
• Industry Knowledge/Business Acumen
• Honoring Corporate Values & Standards
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Rotating shifts, Night, weekend, and holiday work
• Overtime work
• Must sit for long periods of time
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001348