Southern Company Analyst, Sr Operations in Atlanta, Georgia
Analyst, Sr Operations
The purpose of this position is to collect and analyze information related to the retail business segment’s customer care operations and back office processes, identify areas for improvement and coordinate changes/projects with users, business owners, vendors and IT to accomplish and monitor improvements. Focus areas include, but are not limited to, inbound sales and customer care calls, third party verification, outbound telemarketing, order processing, escalated customer issues, correspondence, invoice printing, remittance processing and accounts receivable processing. The incumbent will collect and analyze customer feedback across multiple channels, identify customer improvement opportunities and develop projects spanning multiple internal departments and external vendors. In addition, this position will be responsible for conducting advanced month end closing activities for accounts receivable.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Provide project oversight for multiple process improvement and system development projects related to the customer care operation including idea conception, requirements gathering, implementation and monitoring of results.
• Develop detailed project plans for implementations related to customer care and track and report on milestones, dependencies, risks and mitigations.
• Provide analytical support on evaluating the Company’s enrollment, customer service, billing, remittance processing and back office operations and develop benchmarks for its vendors
• Execute and review testing scenarios and results related to multiple system development projects within the customer care operation and various vendors simultaneously
• Gather and develop system and process requirements related to multiple projects within the customer care operation and various vendors simultaneously
• Gather and analyze data from multiple sources (including all CIS systems, daily call center statistics, customer satisfaction results and customer and employee feedback channels) in order to identify and quantify concerns in a consolidated and concise manner.
• Perform advanced monthly functions for accounts receivables and back office work for certain business segments
• Ensure that operations effectively support the retail business segment’s goals and objectives
• Maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements and changes across all jurisdictions
• Works with internal stakeholders to develop and deliver customer service improvements
• Ability to perform in-depth data analysis using SQL queries and advanced data modeling techniques in order to pull data from various customer systems and deliver consolidated analysis
• Track and effectively report results across all levels of the organization
• Serve as the business owner for system development projects initiated by the customer care operation for all markets. This includes reviewing and providing feedback on business requirements, functional requirements, test plans, test scenarios, documentation and training materials.
• Participate on system development projects initiated by other business owners representing the customer care operation. This includes analyzing customer care operational impacts and working with other functional areas to ensure a viable solution is delivered for all parties.
• Effectively works with multiple vendor and internal employees at various levels in order to successfully deliver project results and facilitate operational improvements across organizations
• Foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to form and/or maintain successful partnerships.
• Display strong customer service skills to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
• Create and execute improvement plans based on operational process and data analysis
• Ensure that operations are compliant with business rules, regulatory requirements (including state and federal rules) and the retail business segment’s Terms and Conditions of Service
• Drive efficiency in accounts receivables functions based on process analysis and redesign
• Measure ongoing process improvements by creating and implementing associated statistics, reports and/or metrics.
• Provide analytical support in evaluating the Retail Energy segment‘s systems and operations as needed to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of applicable
Related Work Experience:
• 5 years of applicable experience
• Past experience organizing, interpreting, and making recommendations based on data trends and analysis
• Previous experience in a consumer services or B2C industry
• Previous experience in building and executing SQL queries
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
• Ability to conduct trending and data analysis
• Excellent analytical skills
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• Advanced Excel and database skills
• Exceptional relationship management skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with customers, co-workers and vendors
• Ability to manage multiple high-priority items simultaneously
• Operational knowledge of the deregulated natural gas markets in multiple jurisdictions
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• 0-5% travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights
• The incumbent works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: SouthStar Energy Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): No
SouthStar Energy Services - 817 W. Peachtree St., NW (817AtlantaCODE)
817 W. Peachtree St., NW
Req ID: GAS2001685