Natural Rural Electric Cooperative Sr Associate Education Training & Events in Arlington, Virginia
Provides multi-level support for the design, development and delivery of NRECA PowerXchange (Annual Meeting) and Regional Meetings. Assists program managers, speakers, and subject matter experts for these high-profile member events that require expertise and collaboration of cross-functional and cross-departmental teams. Plans for and oversees event set-up and registration services for assigned NRECA in-person and online programs and events, including conferences, meetings, web-conferences, training, marketing materials, and on-site operations.
Purpose and Mission
• Coordination of PowerXchange and Regional Meetings Programs
• Serves as point person and provides multi-level support for program development of member meetings.
• Develops system to maintain program database and archives.
• Coordinates with colleagues across the Association to ensure that all elements are in place for successful programs.
• Communicates directly with program speakers and other invitees, including NRECA national directors, national-caliber speakers, high-profile political and academic figures, and executive staff of federal agencies, network partners, and member cooperatives.
• Collaborates with program managers and marketing staff to develop and execute marketing strategies for meetings.
• Oversees creation of on-site program guides. This includes writing and editing copy, establishing the production schedule, and providing key input and recommendations on graphic design.
• Coordinates with the CEO Office on the national service awards program, including communications to winners, recognition at meetings, and post award presentation photos and videos.
• Schedules program planning, execution, and evaluation meetings with appropriate stakeholders.
• Assists in the development of program evaluation instruments, surveys and polls.
• Plays lead role in designing and uploading content for event mobile apps and ensuring version control for program scripts and content for web sites, marketing materials and other.
• Assists with development of yearly budget; makes recommendations based on analysis of past performance and current circumstances; monitors expenses and revenue vis-à-vis approved budgets; reviews, reconciles, and codes event invoices; submits to Finance for processing and approvals
• Assists in event close-out procedures – maintains documentation, archives and relevant information for future use and reference.
• Provides front-line member service and administrative support by handling member inquiries, via phone, e-mail, community posts, and on-site.
• Provides limited administrative support to Director, Member Meetings & Conferences.
• Management of Program Registration
• Sets up events in netFORUM and Event Management System (EMS) using standard language and software-specific procedures.
• Develops registration forms and drafts original copy for promotional materials, in conjunction with marketing staff.
• Oversees on-site event registration, including those that utilize scanning system for on-site printing of badges and tickets. This includes set-up, testing, troubleshooting and uninterrupted operation.
• Provides support for wide range of registration services and event functions for the department; creates and maintains registration documents and equipment shipping; trains and supervises contracted temp workers.
• Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position’s job duties, in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPPA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.