AES United States Senior Analyst, Global FP&A in Arlington, Virginia
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Global FP&A
AES Location: Arlington, VA
Reports To: Director, Global FP&A
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, located in AES’s Arlington, Virginia headquarters, has responsibility to provide insightful, accurate, and timely analytical support up, down, and across the AES Corporation.
As a practical matter, this means providing the financial and analytical backbone for corporate plans, budgets, and forecasts, and examining actual performance against those plans. Additionally, the FP&A team leverages their skillsets to provide ad hoc support for project and commercial development activity, support to AES’s Investor Relations (IR) team, and various task forces and project groups. Finally, there is always a healthy dose of process improvement, tool development, and analytical product development.
Beyond the numbers, FP&A plays a key role in developing AES’s “corporate narrative,” identifying and tracking drivers for business successes and challenges, and provide the insight necessary to make decisions that will positively influence results, mitigate risk, improve efficiency, and allocate resources appropriately.
The ideal candidate will be a business person with strong financial skills. While the reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes will be the primary roles of the position, the aim will be to reorient these tasks to highlight key business decisions that management can undertake to influence results, improve cost efficiency & allocation of resources decision.
Position will be responsible for processes related to Investor Relations, Management Reporting, Board of Directors communications as well as maintaining AES’ Long Term Compensation models. In addition, the position is responsible for providing functional system support for the FP&A BPC user community. Specifics are as follows:
· Support AES’ quarterly external reporting requirements including support of Investor Relations:
o Independently calculate key metrics at business level for validation against accounting
o Provide detailed analysis of key metrics across all business units for support of Executive Leadership Team (ELT) for Earnings calls
o Prepare MD&A and other selected sections of SEC filings as well as review all other external quarterly materials for accuracy and consistency
· Lead the consolidation of the AES’ monthly management report for the ELT including improving analysis on cash flow and implement identified process improvements
· Support the annual budgeting/long-term forecasting processes
· Take ownership of AES’ Long Term Compensation process including maintaining three active models and leading internal audit review
· Provide financial system support including participation in system implementation and providing functional support to business units
· Continue to drive adoption of new analytical tools and platforms
· Bachelor Degree in an analytical discipline
· 4+ years of experience with progressing responsibility
· Strong financial analytical skills, including financial statement interpretation
· Working knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices
· Previous energy industry experience preferred
· Demonstrated high level of business acumen
· Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of an organization, and build trusting relationships in short periods of time
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently with limited direction
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Experience with SAP and/or BPC preferred
Create an extraordinary future.
AES people raise the quality of life in communities around the world – from bringing electricity to rural communities in El Salvador for the first time, to engineering battery storage that makes a clean energy future possible. That’s a 24/7 responsibility, so we work like a 10,500-person start-up – all in, full-on, in small, hyper-connected teams of people from different divisions, specialties and cultures.
We recognize and reward contribution from anyone, anywhere. The only limit to our influence and impact is our own commitment. We measure our careers by the difference we make to our communities, colleagues and families. So we care as much about how we act as what we do, at work and in life. We don’t just work at AES. We work for AES. We are AES.
Global Opportunities: www.aes.com/careers