PPL Corporation Tech Training & Procedures Specialist - Electrical Network/LTN in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Tech Training & Procedures Specialist - Electrical Network/LTN
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to design, develop, and update procedures (including checklists, job aids, work methods, etc. as appropriate) to support work on PPL Electric Utilities equipment and processes.
• Work with subject matter experts to develop training materials and content (including handouts, presentations, workbooks, classroom exercises, hands-on exercises, tests, etc.) to support highly-engaged training on PPL Electric Utilities equipment and processes.
• Coordinate the review of new or revised documents, work procedures, and training with Safety, Engineering Standards, Training, and other groups so that all new equipment coming onto system can be safely maintained and operated as per design.
• Support engineering and field operations to construct equipment mock-ups and simulations for development of procedures and associated training content.
• Support communication activities that improve understanding and adoption of work procedures including participation on committees, delivering presentations, facilitating process improvement meetings, traveling road-shows, etc.
• Support new PPL EU technology initiatives.
• Seek out, identify, and incorporate new technologies into procedures and associated training materials.
• May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that is activated during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service.
This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
• Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
• Working from a Service Center may be supported, as long reporting to the Walbert Conference Center is possible on meetings and teaching days.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop procedures and training associated with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting field operations equipment. The person in this role will primarily focus on developing content for the Network/Low Tension Network (LTN) discipline but will have to support other disciplines such as Substation, Lineman, or Underground. This role will work closely with subject matter experts to development the content within a procedure or training.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
Experience in writing procedures and learning documents
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pplcareers LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation/careers?trk=topnavcareers.
- PPL Corporation Jobs