PPL Corporation Project & Contract Manager-T&S in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Project & Contract Manager-T&S
• Plans and ensures the successful management of assigned project portfolio utilizing the complete resources of the project management office and assigned project management teams. Experience managing project budgets up to $250M, with complexity from low to extreme (degree of difficulty, level of risk, contracting strategy, stakeholder engagement), duration from several months to several years.
• Guarantees that the contractor services and deliverables are the proper quality and obtained in a timely manner to support the terms of the contract. Reviews solicitations and prepares responses for proposals, bids and contract modifications.
• Manages and monitors contractor performance and output.
• Manages prompt resolution of contractor issues and change order submittals, including analyzing claims and disputes, and subsequently consults with management to resolve/negotiate claims and disputes associated with contracts.
• Responsible for contract administration and change order management of assigned contracts.
• Maintains communication with upper management both within and across organizations to ensure smooth running of all assigned projects. Advise leadership about the project portfolio, status, budget, and resource planning for delivering strategic business projects. Establish and nurture positive relationships with customer organizations.
• Responsible for the development, execution and ongoing maintenance of the project management plan for each assigned project. This includes scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, change control and contractor management plans. Level of detail is driven by project size and complexity.
• Responsible for all project management activities for assigned portfolio throughout the project life cycle (planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations) on assigned project portfolio
• Effectively applies PPL PM methodology and enforces project standards.
• Project team identification and ongoing management.
• Develop and manage the project communication plan.
• Managing/facilitating team deliverables such as design package, contractor contracts, and other applicable project deliverables.
• Manages \"gate\" reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
• Responsible to ensure project changes (scope, budget, and schedule) are managed through the project governance structure that has been implemented by PPL EU management.
• Proactively identify risk and mitigation plans, monitor project status, recognize negative trends and project variances, and coordinates corrective action.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Manages project budget. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project. Accurately forecasts project cost to complete.
• Manages cash flows and final project cost, variances, and corrective actions.
• Oversight of contractor invoices pertaining to projects in assigned portfolio, including the verification of compliance with established PPL invoice and accrual processes, and timely resolution of any identified discrepancies.
• Has experience in Project Management and is able to lead in the coaching and mentoring of team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. Demonstrates the ability to adapt to and lead change, and coach others in the acceptance and support of change.
• Support the development and maintenance of Project Management support policies, standards and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team and to work effectively with the other teams. Assumes a leadership role in educating the business and technical community on Project management processes and areas of expertise.
• Take ownership and delivery responsibility for special projects and company initiatives. Provide ongoing reconciliation between long-term goals and short-term actions. Initiates and implements new technologies, methodologies, process and procedures that will support PPL's long and short term goals.
We've got an electric future. The energy industry is an exciting place, full of developing technology and new customer service possibilities. PPL Electric Utilities is looking for a Project and Contract Manager who can help us provide strong, reliable, affordable electric service to more than a million customers in Pennsylvania, while adapting to new opportunities that are changing our industry. People depend on us and we deliver. We'd love to have you on board as we tackle that challenge, in new ways, everyday.
The Project and Contract Manager position is the single point of accountability for large PPL Electric Utilities capital projects (Transmission and Substation). Responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project portfolio. Responsible for all project and contract management activities throughout the project life cycle including planning, detailed design, construction, close out and turnover to operations on assigned project portfolio. Manages contractor commitments to ensure all deliverables are met to scope, schedule, and budget. Team player capable of working with management, project controls, and contractors. Must be capable of coordinating and influencing a wide range of functional organizational leads and subject matter experts across the lifecycle process to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization. Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined. In addition, she/he must excel at project planning, organizing, communication, team motivation and delegation.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
•Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline
•Minimum of two years in positions with project management, contract management, and/or construction management responsibilities
•Experience in project budgeting, project cost control, project scheduling, and project reporting
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
•Project management certification by a recognized organization such as the Project Management Institute
•Familiarity with electric utilities equipment and processes
•Customer interface experience
•Strong written, oral, presentation and organizational skills
•Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
•Skills in critical path risk assessment and tools
•Engineering economics skills
•Skills in schedule and cost risk assessment and management
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)